Paypal Log-In Help

tfc

This is the first time that I've had this particular issue Paypal in 8-9 years - basically when I correctly enter my username and password PayPal hits me with:

"We're sorry. We can't log you in. If you believe there's an issue with your account, please contact us."

I contacted PayPal and they confirmed that my details are correct, that they have no doubt that I am who I am – but that they do not have the "ability" to do what needs to be done to unlock whatever is blocking me from access.

Just to confirm I'm not trying to buy anything, just log-in and access my account.

Their "best" suggestion was to wait and hope that I can log in in a few days. Their worst suggestion was to create a new account that has been working fine for 8-9 years, has about 1000 bucks in it, is verified and triple verified with my driver's license, passport, bills etc – basically everything they've wanted and asked for over the years.

For the record these are the things I've tried pretty much in order(the first 4 I tried about 5-6 times):

1. Disabling all firefox add-ons
2. Clearing all history and cache
3. Trying chrome after doing both of the above
4. Downloading and installing opera and doing the same
5. Rebooting
6. Trying to send money from the paypal homepage which seemed to work for some to override the issue.
7. Malware, antivirus and spyware scanning.
8. Trying on 3 other devices.
9. Trying IE

About the only thing that I can think of that I haven't tried is a blood sacrifice.

If anyone has any suggestions or has found a work-around to this I'd be most grateful.

Cheers and happy NY!

Archived