New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be stopping by this afternoon at the CM Honda dealer to see what their schedule is.

Been looking at the new features and saw it has a Capless Fueling System. Wonder how many time one will have to explain to the filling station attendants how to use it? biggrin.png

trs13_highlights_lg_easyfuel.jpg

Every Showroom will have the Show R.S. by 3 P.M. Tomorrow the prices are not on Honda Website as Tywais said,so im informed by my Honda Mole.and i was going today so dont bother.

Well, you know the saying..."if you gotta ask, you can't afford it". The prices quite in this thread are unofficial anyway. Less than 1.2M looks good value for the kit offered.

Every Showroom will have the Show R.S. by 3 P.M. Tomorrow the prices are not on Honda Website as Tywais said,so im informed by my Honda Mole.and i was going today so dont bother.

Well, you know the saying..."if you gotta ask, you can't afford it". The prices quite in this thread are unofficial anyway. Less than 1.2M looks good value for the kit offered.

If it was Toyo it would be about 1.5 Mil, and thats for an upgrade of old stock rebadge , not a new one.

Will be stopping by this afternoon at the CM Honda dealer to see what their schedule is.

Been looking at the new features and saw it has a Capless Fueling System. Wonder how many time one will have to explain to the filling station attendants how to use it? biggrin.png

And where you found a Red one, all the HRVs came in Brain Dead black for ages.sad.png

And where you found a Red one, all the HRVs came in Brain Dead black for ages.sad.png

Perhaps I need to put a disclaimer in the future "Image may not be representative of your model" or "For demonstration purposes only". biggrin.png

Dropped by my Honda dealer as it was on the way home. They had a 1.8L on the showroom floor. Asked the lovely salesgirl about brochure and pricing and she said they will be in tomorrow. She said the pricing will be close to that of the HRV. Some photos I took for your enjoyment.

25067472263_4722a25d82_z.jpg

25694205655_d112cebb2e_z.jpg

the 16.5km/l combined, thats on benzine right?

I'm not sure. I know the 1.5L Turbo gets around 17.3 but also not sure about fuel type. This one has an E85 sticker on the back window also. I suspect it would be benzene for standardization reasons.

Dropped by my Honda dealer as it was on the way home. They had a 1.8L on the showroom floor. Asked the lovely salesgirl about brochure and pricing and she said they will be in tomorrow. She said the pricing will be close to that of the HRV. Some photos I took for your enjoyment.

25067472263_4722a25d82_z.jpg

25694205655_d112cebb2e_z.jpg

Wonder who's in charge of designing their alloys these days. Looks like the same fellow who did the Mobilio. Brings down a nice looking car IMHO.

Wonder who's in charge of designing their alloys these days. Looks like the same fellow who did the Mobilio. Brings down a nice looking car IMHO.

Have to agree about the alloys, seems out of place. Boyz toys wheels. smile.png

Door sticker:

25067464423_f087b48dfe_z.jpg

That's the 1.8 of course...the 1.5 should do better. I assume its the same engine as in the old model...so economy should be about the same. 16.1 km/l would be very optimistic for a combined cycle in Thailand. That's better than my eco car lol

No No, no more Black,im going to check they have something nice before i go. Its not just the Wheels n cheap tyres thats put me off. Hope thats a Base one.

Yes, that is the base 1.8. She wasn't sure when a RS may show up there. The tyres/wheels on the top end Civics, like my 2.0, are very good and believe the 1.5T will be 17" rather than those tiny things on the 1.8.

I asked her what colors and she rattled off 5 but didn't catch them all. White, Black, Silver, Black Grey (which is like mine, that is a dark metallic grey) and one other color (Bronze?).

No No, no more Black,im going to check they have something nice before i go. Its not just the Wheels n cheap tyres thats put me off. Hope thats a Base one.

Yes, that is the base 1.8. She wasn't sure when a RS may show up there. The tyres/wheels on the top end Civics, like my 2.0, are very good and believe the 1.5T will be 17" rather than those tiny things on the 1.8.

I asked her what colors and she rattled off 5 but didn't catch them all. White, Black, Silver, Black Grey (which is like mine, that is a dark metallic grey) and one other color (Bronze?).

Cosmic blue. The wheels on the rs look better, and there are modulo wheels available too. I'd stick some 18 inch lightweight lenso d1-sf's on it myself:)

Cosmic blue. The wheels on the rs look better, and there are modulo wheels available too. I'd stick some 18 inch lightweight lenso d1-sf's on it myself:)

That looks really nice if it is like below and different then the run of the mill colors. A bit more elegant.

post-566-0-03125200-1457694861_thumb.jpg

Door sticker:

25067464423_f087b48dfe_z.jpg

That's the 1.8 of course...the 1.5 should do better. I assume its the same engine as in the old model...so economy should be about the same. 16.1 km/l would be very optimistic for a combined cycle in Thailand. That's better than my eco car lol

if with benzine its normal, the eco'er the gas you use, the worst the mileage gets.

Also for "test" city is like average 50kph when in reality a thai city you average 15-25kph as you're always stopped.

Alloys are similar to hrv, on the verge of being tacky. People with different alloys on their HRV get a 25% boost in style

big trunk.. base model canada is 450k, canada is always more expensive than USA.. can u get it for 10?

feels shitty to pay so much for a car that sells for so little abroad

for comparaison the HRV is about the same price as here in canada (20-30k difference last time i checked)

big trunk.. base model canada is 450k, canada is always more expensive than USA.. can u get it for 10?

feels shitty to pay so much for a car that sells for so little abroad

for comparaison the HRV is about the same price as here in canada (20-30k difference last time i checked)

Not if you factor in regular dealer service charges over the long term (10 years for those of us who like to keep cars that long. Resale is much better here too. I reckon costs even out over time.

Cost down smile.png The cost for that kind of unit with a CPU etc is much cheaper than a normal 2-DIN I guess.

I still prefer a decent 2-DIN system though over those stuck on dash ipad thingies.

*edit: Alpine makes one that kinda looks like that Ipad.

http://www.alpine-asia.com/product/Audio-Visual/iLX-007E

Edited by JoeW