New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

Wished they had a few other colours always seems the same colours here.

The US has a good variety including Burgundy Night Pearl which looks great. But alas, not to be for here.

For about 40,000 Baht extra, Honda (well, their paint&panel shop) can make it any color you want wink.png

For 40k are the openings painted as well ?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video the only part i didnt like was that it costs 900,000 baht there for the touring model.

Nice colour also.

Looking forward to getting one

Havent drove many autos and interested that america are getting a manual turbo which i would prefer but keep forgetting this is going to be my wifes car.

9.11 seconds to 100kmh sad.png I actually got really excited when reading 6.8s earlier in this thread and set tomorrow for a dealer visit. I will go anyway, but with less enthusiasm though.

Ah, I see you changed it from 11.1 to 9.11 before I could reply. smile.png I would be seriously disappointed and surprised at 11+. If it will at least match my 2.0 that will be ok but would thought it would be at least a second lower. My 2.0 has 155 hp versus the 1.5T at 173hp but as IMHO pointed out it is tuned differently from US where max hp is at the top end of the RPM band. Did a brief test on the way in to work but no place to do a running start but when I floored it at around 10-15km/hr after clearing the bikes it pushes me back in the seat with some force.

Here is someone testing his 8th generation 2.0, same as mine and I stop watched it at around 9.2 for 0-100. That was in D (drive mode) not S with paddle shifters. He did also test it in S mode with a slower time of around 9.7 seconds.

Anyone know if the RS Model has folding rear seats? The model on show at dealers certainly do not.

Answer myself - checked today - no they do not. Went to dealer today- Any free insurance -NO.. Anything free 1. Free tint . 2 . Rust underseal ..3. 4 free waxes in 1 year but 500 Bht to workers each occasiongiggle.gif What about a free plastic protection mat for the boot/trunk - NO! Can you please get number plates within 30 days - cannot- minimum 2 months - I will not buy it then - ''' Manager- Up to you - TIT think I will pass!

Anyone know if the RS Model has folding rear seats? The model on show at dealers certainly do not.

Answer myself - checked today - no they do not. Went to dealer today- Any free insurance -NO.. Anything free 1. Free tint . 2 . Rust underseal ..3. 4 free waxes in 1 year but 500 Bht to workers each occasiongiggle.gif What about a free plastic protection mat for the boot/trunk - NO! Can you please get number plates within 30 days - cannot- minimum 2 months - I will not buy it then - ''' Manager- Up to you - TIT think I will pass!

Standard MO at Honda dealerships. Toyota too. When they have a new product they treat customers as a bit of a nuisance who they may do the favour of selling a car to, if they can be bothered. Their attitude reminds me of walking into a local prestige car dealer as a teenaged boy.

Standard MO at Honda dealerships. Toyota too. When they have a new product they treat customers as a bit of a nuisance who they may do the favour of selling a car to, if they can be bothered. Their attitude reminds me of walking into a local prestige car dealer as a teenaged boy.

When I got my 8th generation Civic I asked what discount will they give me and they knocked 28,000 Baht off the price for me to use as I wish for options or car price reduction.

Well they must have foregotten that when i bought the last one, and the Accord before, but thanks for stating the obvious again.

Ford do it.

Mazda do it.

Toyota do it.

Izuzu do it.

Honda now do it.

Congrats on getting your's for free years ago but then you are known to be a bit loose with facts now and then so I'll take the free part with a grain of salt.

Edited by Don Mega

You checked the RS model? are you sure as they havent got them in our showroom yet just the 1.8 models?

As for number plates i dont mind driving around with red plates for a few months !

You checked the RS model? are you sure as they havent got them in our showroom yet just the 1.8 models?

As for number plates i dont mind driving around with red plates for a few months !

Nobody has the RS yet - I mean I asked about the RS seats - red plates should be no longer than 30 days. Dealers never want to register early - they have to pay tax.

I dont understand the problem with red plates its nice to have a new vehicle and when i am told our new plates have arrived i dont exactly rush to pick them up.

They are supposed to be on the car only a month. Though I've never heard of anyone being fined for over that limit.

Just sw a video on my facebook. A Thai took the 1.8 for a spin - maxxed out at 211km/h and according to my stopwatch the 0-100 was 9.5 seconds.

so according to some here, the 1.5T will be slower than the slow 1.8?

The 1.5 turbo will likely get into the mid-high 8s range in more ideal conditions. The press drive event where no-one did better than 9.x seconds was held in Buriram in excruciating heat.

Well if the 1.8 can do 0-100 in 9.5 then the 1.5 must be able to do mid 8s or it wouldnt be worth the price difference.

I am sure 150k could help release more power on the 1.8

The 1.5 would have more potential (or boost the 1.8)...but how much can the cvt take?

I just looked on the racechip website. Racechip ultimate (on the ford focus 1.5 ecoboost) boosts HP to 234 (from 180) and torque to 312 NM (from 240). There's nothing listed for the honda as yet.

Edited by DavisH

Well if the 1.8 can do 0-100 in 9.5 then the 1.5 must be able to do mid 8s or it wouldnt be worth the price difference.

what what i thinks.

iven i not sure 1.5 turbo be 8s .. may be it near 9.

so not see why need buy it..blink.pngsad.png

The 1.5 would have more potential (or boost the 1.8)...but how much can the cvt take?

I just looked on the racechip website. Racechip ultimate (on the ford focus 1.5 ecoboost) boosts HP to 234 (from 180) and torque to 312 NM (from 240). There's nothing listed for the honda as yet.

what potencial?

Its can be covered guaranty if change software?rolleyes.gif

what potencial?

Its can be covered guaranty if change software?rolleyes.gif

anyone wanting serious power will not be concerned with warranty. Just get something easily removable before service is done.

Edited by DavisH