True move's speed really sucks this time for my phone

Howitzer

Using xiaomi mi4i. From what i know truemove's 4G bandwidth isn't supported by my phone's model the last time i checked so i am on HSDPA/3G speeds but it's really pathetically slow this time around during the december period.

The last time i was in thailand prior to the dec period was during august 2015 and it was pretty fast so i don't know why the speed dropped this time around.

I thought screw it and got myself a dtac sim and lo and behold could log unto 4G and yes got faster speeds. Unfortunately DTAC plans truly suck. They have a basic plan and then an upgrade plan to maintain fast speed for a fixed amount of data say 300-1GB.

incidentally in my home country of singapore i am on m1's 3G/hsdpa speed not 4G cos i didn't upgrade my plan and hey it's fast. It certainly isn't slow at all and besides 4G is only needed when you need to download huge files at a short amount of time.

Good point.

If you would reach full 3G rates like 3.6 MBit/s or 7.2 MBit/s you could hardly say the internet is slow.

42 Mbit/s, 100 MBit/s and whatever they advertise seems to blind people that these are completely theoretical numbers in the real word with huge crowds of people on small areas (like typically in Bangkok).

Edited by KhunBENQ