Wi Fi connections

If they are password protected then yes you have to ask,what right do you have to access someone's Internet without asking first or being a customer of that said restaurant or public house for example.

Just like my home network,I don't wish for my neighbours to be using my paid wifi for free so it's password protected.

The same principle applies to most shops,pubs and eateries the world over.

Unless your talking about using wifi with a mobile provider and using their hotspots of which your details should be stored and connect automatically any how.

I'm sure some of the more tech savvy folks maybe able to access wifi by other means but I'm not sure that is above board.

Edited by stoneyboy

Posted Today, 10:55

Must I really ask the password of every place I visit to access the net? Is there a way around this? Ta smile.png

Sure.

Acquire a provider supported WiFi Hotspot or a 3G/4G Mobile Data Internet subscription.

Though this may limit your connection options, by not wanting to ask for the password for the WiFi of the place you are in.

If they are password protected then yes you have to ask,what right do you have to access someone's Internet without asking first or being a customer of that said restaurant or public house for example.

Just like my home network,I don't wish for my neighbours to be using my paid wifi for free so it's password protected.

Unless your talking about using wifi with a mobile provider and using their hotspots of which your details should be stored and connect automatically any how.

I'm sure some of the more tech savvy folks maybe able to access wifi by other means but I'm not sure that is above board.

Alright alright keep your sanctimonious shirt on huh.png I'm really rather new to wi fi but a friend in the UK told me there were internet packages/technology available for free roaming or whatever. Jesus ..

WiFi is a rather short-range technology meant to replace an Ethernet Cable to connect to the Internet. It's primarily used in Consumer Residential Routers to allow in-home wireless connections to your home LAN.

A separate business paradigm developed that allowed companies to use WiFi as a subscriber delivery system, especially in area where large number of people are visiting a location where they are primarily waiting or relaxing. So interspersed among the residential and business WiFi Access Points you may also find the commercial subscription services.

Some commercial 'WiFi Hotspots' are independent operators, some are ISP or Mobile Operator related, and still others WiFi Hotspot resellers that belong to international consortium that provide WiFi access in large areas throughout the world. Unfortunately, they are not ubiquitous (one group with working agreements everywhere).

A better option, if you have multiple WiFi devices that need connecting, is to buy an Personal 3G/4G WiFi device that can share a Mobile 3G/4G Data Internet connection and share it with 5-10 WiFi devices.

Alright alright keep your sanctimonious shirt on huh.png I'm really rather new to wi fi but a friend in the UK told me there were internet packages/technology available for free roaming or whatever. Jesus ..

Jesus won't help you.especially with wifi.

...or whatever. Jesus .

Jesus won't help you.especially with wifi.

I even looked for a Patron Saint of WiFi, but one doesn't seem to be specifically listed.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a bit confused, though, by the associations of the groups each Patron protects
Isidore of Seville – computer scientists, software engineers, computer programmers, computer technicians, computer users, schoolchildren, students
Adrian of Nicomedia – arms dealers, butchers, guards, soldiers
Augustine of Hippo – printers, brewers and theologians