Diesel fuel stabilizer

aoneseller

I don't mean for injector cleaner. I was looking for something like Stabil. I will store my truck for 5 months so I will use this 3M from tescolotus for the fuel treat.

Am gonna also jack up the truck (protect wheels from flat spot), put some mothball on the engine (small animals), wash and wax, block exhaust tube (animals again), cling film behind the window viper ( prevent sticking), disconnect negative cable from battery, lock and cover.

I looked for years for StaBil - or an eastern alternative. No luck. Now it arrives in my suitcase, double vacuum wrapped. Never a problem.

I am curious?? what do you use it for?

Ensuring gas does not go stale. Also use Max 44 (green bottle) to prevent phase separation in alcohol blended fuels.

What a complete waste of time, just buy fresh when required????

That's OK Myk, but my Yamaha 135 cc has big problems starting after it sits for a week or more. As long as it gets run often, it starts easily and immediately. If I could find an additive to prevent that, I would gladly buy it. I don't know why it is like that but no one seems to have an answer.

Had my HD in a steel crate for over 6-1/2 years. Outside. Removed from crate, drained old gasahol, installed Fresh, hooked up new battery, Fired right up. No Gum, No Varnish, No Rust. Steel fuel tank. Float bowl looked like new. Try that without using Stabil - or other generic brands.

That's OK Myk, but my Yamaha 135 cc has big problems starting after it sits for a week or more. As long as it gets run often, it starts easily and immediately. If I could find an additive to prevent that, I would gladly buy it. I don't know why it is like that but no one seems to have an answer.

Had my HD in a steel crate for over 6-1/2 years. Outside. Removed from crate, drained old gasahol, installed Fresh, hooked up new battery, Fired right up. No Gum, No Varnish, No Rust. Steel fuel tank. Float bowl looked like new. Try that without using Stabil - or other generic brands.

anyone who uses gasahol here deserves problems it is absolute crap, benzine/proper petrol 95 is the way to go.

anyone who uses gasahol here deserves problems it is absolute crap, benzine/proper petrol 95 is the way to go.

15 years, never a problem. Japanese bikes, British bikes, HD, thai bikes. Cars, Trucks, chainsaws, generators, ... Maybe the fault is not with the fuel.

• 1 year later...
On 2016-01-11 at 1:21 PM, aoneseller said:

I don't mean for injector cleaner. I was looking for something like Stabil. I will store my truck for 5 months so I will use this 3M from tescolotus for the fuel treat.

Am gonna also jack up the truck (protect wheels from flat spot), put some mothball on the engine (small animals), wash and wax, block exhaust tube (animals again), cling film behind the window viper ( prevent sticking), disconnect negative cable from battery, lock and cover.

Good day, how did your storage experience work  out? I am planning to leave my ranger for 6 months, doing the following:

Change the oil

Fill the tank and add fuel stabilizer

Clean it inside and out

Fill the tires to max pressure and/or put it on  jacks ( I am looking for second hand jacks now, in case anyone has a set of two or three ton they are offloading) - as I do want to put it on jacks.

Battery, could take it out and put on a trickle - but think I will just disconnect and leave it be, if it comes back w a charge after great - if not get a new one.

Wipers off the windscreen.

Plug the tailpipe with a rag to stop critters - and not worry about periodically starting it.

Store in a covered place out of the elements - I have that available.

Would be interested to know how things turned out for you.

Cheers