Fisheries Department believes Fisheries Act can effectively manage fisheries resources

webfact

Fisheries Department believes Fisheries Act can effectively manage fisheries resources

BANGKOK, 8 January 2016 (NNT) – Fisheries Department’s Law Division Director, Pratet Saurak has described the new Fisheries Act as focusing on the management of limited fishing resources so that people can fully benefit from the natural resource over the long term.

The regulations covering local fisheries and commercial fisheries are clearly stated to prevent conflicts. The fishing grounds can be extended according to the suitability of each area.

This requires discussions between the fishermen and the provincial fisheries committee of each province. As for penalties, the Fisheries Act mainly focuses on preventing the damage caused by illegal fishing.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-08 footer_n.gif

"Fisheries Department’s Law Division Director, Pratet Saurak has described the new Fisheries Act as focusing on the management of limited fishing resources so that people can fully benefit from the natural resource over the long term."

No mention of a plan for enforcement over the long term though.

That is what is needed. Oh well, I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Just hope it isn't a 2 week 'crackdown'.

I believed that I would win Powerball OZ 70 million Lotto last night, but didn't , what you believe will happen and what does actually happen is totally entirely different , to effectively manage any project requires dedication , patience and a will to achieve , I rest my case.....................................coffee1.gif .

I believed that I would win Powerball OZ 70 million Lotto last night, but didn't , what you believe will happen and what does actually happen is totally entirely different , to effectively manage any project requires dedication , patience and a will to achieve , I rest my case.....................................coffee1.gif .

Well said! A law means nothing. It is the 24/7/365 enforcement of the law that is all important. Every day that ANY law is not vigorously enforced is a day when "happiness to the people" decreases. coffee1.gif