tiny house on wheels

papayasalad

who is building a tiny house on wheels in Thailand? good idea?

how is the situation in the USA, have you seen many? , and in Europe.

I have never seen one in real except on FYI TV, look good.

I would not mind to live in one but government will make me miserable. cops knocking on your door: "sir, it s illegal to sleep"

(soon it will be illegal to breath air! )

maybe farangs can own a house finally.

Edited by papayasalad

yes, like the picture above.

tiny houses are built like real houses. some cost over 50'000 $ and are good for many years.

and if you decide to remove the wheels, get a construction permit, basement, and you have a full house with a postal address. is that not awesome?

Movable tiny houses are called "knock-downs". Caravans and travel trailers are unknown here.

To be sure: Thai Ladies / GF are opposed to "knock-downs". It would mean, that a Farang can legally and physically move part of his assets away from the "Family Property". Heaven forbid !

That explains, why so few Farangs are allowed to build a "knock-down" by order of Thai wife / GF.

Cheers.

I figured they'd just rather not live in a glorified shed.

• Like 2

one day they will come to Thailand. people will realise they can live anywhere they want and just move around Thailand as they wish. it will take a few years, but when houses and condo will be to expensive , and bank will stop to loan money , then we will see tiny houses around the country

• Like 2

I've seen these on the Tiny House Nation TV show.

I like the idea of living in one of these.

I bet no one is building these in Thailand. Somchai wouldn't even know where to start with building something like this. He'd think it would be to sell som tam out of, not live in.

If I was to ever move from my rented palace, I would like to live in a Tiny House. I mean one that is proper kitted out. Super high spec inside.

But my Mrs could never live in one because:

a.) she'd lose too much face with her pals as Thai's just wouldn't get the concept of eco friendly, minimalist living

b.) because she hardly ever chucks anything away and that would be a real problem in a tiny house.

Some of the designs they make in the TV show are pretty impressive.

Here are some episodes:

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 1

No tiny homes seen but a few commercial enterprises using retired truck highway trailers. These

trailers or a couple combined would make an excellent almost weatherproof/solid/energy efficient

home. Probably sell for next to nothing, easy to have truck haul to site, cut a few windows/doors/

make hookups & furnish !

in the USA they cost around 40 to 50k for the biggest one seen on tiny house nation.

how much it would cost to build same in Thailand.?

rent a land, and live in your tiny house. at least you can own something and not live in one of these expensive shoe box in Pattaya. I think nobody would really care if you use compost toilet and have solar panel and you can easily get water from your roof.

moving your house around the country should not be very expensive. only drawback I can think is crashing your tiny house on the road.

maybe when I will retire I will build one of these. I think I will have to import a good compost toilet from the USA.

Edited by papayasalad

Movable tiny houses are called "knock-downs". Caravans and travel trailers are unknown here.

To be sure: Thai Ladies / GF are opposed to "knock-downs". It would mean, that a Farang can legally and physically move part of his assets away from the "Family Property". Heaven forbid !

That explains, why so few Farangs are allowed to build a "knock-down" by order of Thai wife / GF.

Cheers.

What a fantastic idea, change your missus....move house..............literally!! love the idea!

You could rent a strip of land all over the place easily, farmers field near the road for a year etc etc.

Love to see the face of the ex-wife/girlfriend etc!!!......................wife's mother!!!

How long before the junta rushed through a law prohibiting it?? my guess is a week following a protest March to Bangkok from Isaarn by a load of toothless pissed of wanna- ba mothers-in-laws!

wai2.gif wai2.gif

Edited by Scouse123

just tell that to the government/cops etc or whoever you expect to come knocking then gigglem.gif

Why should they want to come knocking? Unless of course it's on private land.

Come to think of it, why do you never see caravans, or caravanettes in Thailand?