Are ladyboys allowed to become civil servants?

I've seen some working at foreign police, post office, at airports ..., but on the street as policeman never.

The 2007 constitution prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and in a new junta constitution draft, which was rejected in September 2015, it should also be added gender.

In September 2015 was also introduced new law for protecting LGBT people. Huge step forward, in my opinion.

Notice that Thailand has no special laws for ladyboys.

They are more or less accepted by society, but it's not heaven for them here, and probably never will be. Nothing is 100%. For example my ladyboy girlfriend has paper from army that she is "insane" - rejected. Her younger friends have paper claiming gender dysphoria. Even army is slowly changing.

Some might say it's superficial acceptance, but I don't agree with that.

Good luck

Edited by Matej

I've seen some working at foreign police, post office, at airports ..., but on the street as policeman never.

The 2007 constitution prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and in a new junta constitution draft, which was rejected in September 2015, it should also be added gender.

In September 2015 was also introduced new law for protecting LGBT people. Huge step forward, in my opinion.

Notice that Thailand has no special laws for ladyboys.

They are more or less accepted by society, but it's not heaven for them here, and probably never will be. Nothing is 100%. For example my ladyboy girlfriend has paper from army that she is "insane" - rejected. Her younger friends have paper claiming gender dysphoria. Even army is slowly changing.

Some might say it's superficial acceptance, but I don't agree with that.

Good luck

Samart Meecharoen successfully sued the Thai Army in 2006 and after a process that took several years got the 'insane' label overturned in 2011.

I have met her socially and she is a smart and articulate person, who now has a senior post in the SE Asian head office of one of the worlds biggest IT companies.

I don't know any Transgender police officers personally but there is one on a popular Thai dating site

post-57474-0-87533100-1452395213_thumb.j

Plenty of them working for the government as civil servants, teachers, etc. Never seen a ladyboy police officer, but then again I never see female patrol cops either. There are probably some working in administration somewhere.