How Soon They Forget...or...think About It

sweetest_mango

What happened in 1997 to foreigners' savings accounts in Thai banks like the Bangkok Bank? Did they lose all their money? If not, why are so many people so worried about putting money into such uninsured bank accounts now?

What happened in 1997 to foreigners' savings accounts in Thai banks like the Bangkok Bank? Did they lose all their money? If not, why are so many people so worried about putting money into such uninsured bank accounts now?

I think that's what I'm getting at. Never was good in math.

I think that's what I'm getting at. Never was good in math.

Nobody wants to take your money. You put US$ 10,000 in today and your passbook shows 390,000 Baht. Once the US$ is at Baht 50 you take your money out and get US$ 7800.00.

To leave the money in Baht in the account does not helop too much, as following the changed value of the US$ the Baht's buying power will go down. Means prices on imported items go up.

Never understood so, why in 97 my favorite pub increased the price for Singha. Mast have been importe hop :o

Of course, the answer is to hold a balanced portfolio.

If you've gotta hold 400K baht and you reckon the baht is going to fall against other currencies, then hold a similar amount in the other currencies.

If the 400K is all you've got for the rest of your life - well, money isn't everything, it isn't even enough! :o

This racist fool has been deleted and banned.

have you got 2 delete buttons now Doc, now old Spring Finger lost his? :D:o

another Aussie shit stirrer?? :D:D

It is most important that you take the Medication Gentleman. Otherwise you'll get very sick. The Doctor told you that. :D