Thai railway police to arrest six student activists within this week

webfact

Police to arrest six student activists within this week

34611-wpcf_728x409-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Railway police say they will seek court permission to arrest six student activists of the so-called New Democracy group within this week after they refused to report themselves to the police to acknowledge charges.

Deputy commander of Railway Police Division Pol Col Pruthipong Prayoonsiri said 11 students led by Mr Sirawich Serithiwat or “Ja New” are facing charge of violating the military junta’s order banning a gathering of people to inspect and investigate the Rajabhakti Park construction.

He said the police had summoned the 11 students twice to report themselves to acknowledge the charge that will be brought against them.

In the second summon on January 8, only three students reported to the police, leaving six, including Ja New, still defying the order to report.

He said the police will within the next few days seek court’s permission to arrest these defiant students within this week.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-to-arrest-six-student-activists-within-this-week

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-11

Railway Police?

I suppose they were traveling on a train on their way to protest.

George Orwell, if only you were here...

Mind you he would probably be banned - if only from the trains!

Edited by JAG

Why are railway police involved? Surely their job should be the policing of the railways, not arresting students for a public gathering.whistling.gif

Because the crime has been commit under railways police jurisdiction

Why are railway police involved? Surely their job should be the policing of the railways, not arresting students for a public gathering.whistling.gif

which crime?

They took the train (first crime)

To go to the park (big one that one those days)

And they talked about it (...)

They are in deep trouble..

So if you feel like going to the park, go by bicycle (trendy those days), wear the right T-Shirt and don't talk about it... Simple smile.png

Edited by CantSpell

which crime?

So if you feel like going to the park, go by bicycle (trendy those days), wear the right T-Shirt and don't talk about it... Simple smile.png

well, if they decide to turn themselves in, then, in any case, they had better not walk.

which crime?

You forgot about not posting your intentions on Facebook

Certain elements in Thailand worry me, there seems to be a attitude in some quarters of bending over back wards or forwards to help the Junta , these people who may very well be carrying out the law according to Prayut - O but wouldn't pass muster at a BBQ need to realise that they will be left high and dry by the Junta, even if it is eventually, what goes around , comes around.......................................................coffee1.gif

This is clearly a result of the current Junta's action in following populist policies of the Shin (hack, spit) governments actions.

Had the Junta not continued free rail travel for (in this case mentally disabled) students, then this situation would never have ........

Even I, with my most sarcastic head on cannot continue this post.

Maybe they should go to Singapore for a sore throat. If they go to court, they can expect to get "railroaded" again

Ba-dump!

But seriously folks....

If this had happened in singapore they would have railway lines across their back to show for the rest of their lives. Singapore does not mess round.

which crime?

Illegal action then. Same-same but different... And, whatever those 'students' might feel or think, or the outcome might have been, defying police orders, twice already, is in itself ...a crime. Has always been, even in TRT/PPP/PTP times, although then the orders issued were quite a bit more 'selective'...

Edited by bangrak

which crime?

So, according to you, they did not have a political gathering (with more than 5 persons) on that train carriage, hmm? When you feel like going to the park, for a quite walk I guess, is the first accessory you'd think to take with you ...a megaphone? ...That you would use on the train, 'inconveniencing', to say the least, the other passengers? Oh, and why would there have been a (quite large) number of media people present on that train, just as tourists, or were they 'called in', to record the programmed 'democratic activity'(?!) these (not that young...!) 'students' were going to perform...?

(Not saying there are no corruption issues about that park, but that this was a well organised agit-prop action, just using the park as an excuse to create political tensions, ...and that it had nowhere anything to do with the word: 'democracy'!)

Edited by bangrak

^^

So why we're they simply denied boarding at Thon Buri if your suppositions are in any way close to accurate?

You know all the facts, I only express suppositions, have no knowledge of generally available information, and haven't seen the quite many pictures about this pumped-up agit-prop thing, god, you're smart, how stupid does that make me...

Do you know how they behaved while boarding the train? I don't! I guess not as a closed bunch of political agitators though, as the media show had not yet begun, they were probably smart enough (quite 'seasoned' students, you know...) not to start their organised agit-prop(!) action before the train was running...

When you really know better, and more, please just let us know how it went.

^^

So why we're they simply denied boarding at Thon Buri if your suppositions are in any way close to accurate?

You know all the facts, I only express suppositions, have no knowledge of generally available information, and haven't seen the quite many pictures about this pumped-up agit-prop thing, god, you're smart, how stupid does that make me...

Do you know how they behaved while boarding the train? I don't! I guess not as a closed bunch of political agitators though, as the media show had not yet begun, they were probably smart enough (quite 'seasoned' students, you know...) not to start their organised agit-prop(!) action before the train was running...

If they behaved the same way as everybody else who uses that train, they would be acting like Vikings on a pillage. I know that as have used that train a good number of times.

What 'agitation' were they carrying out on the train? When did it start. Who alleges it did and what reason might they have? Why we're they not removed from the train at Nakhon Pathom, Ban Pong, Ratchaburi..?

Edited by baboon

^^

If they behaved the same way as everybody else who uses that train, they would be acting like Vikings on a pillage. I know that as have used that train a good number of times.

What 'agitation' were they carrying out on the train? When did it start. Who alleges it did and what reason might they have? Why we're they not removed from the train at Nakhon Pathom, Ban Pong, Ratchaburi..?

So you tell those 'students' (quite old to be true) didn't 'misbehave' on that train, OK, good enough for me, I wasn't there, but I guess you were to know so much better, ...and the published pictures were all probably 'doctored' (no, photoshopped, the last we heard 'doctored', in denial, was about a certain audio recording...) then, isn't it... Sigh.

That's a 'trait' you guys, unfortunately, share: you wouldn't recognise (//admit) the truth of facts even when it'd slap you right in the face... Fret not, the present leadership seems to have caught the same disease, yet not in the terminal phase the 'Thaksin regime' was suffering of, though...