BTS tickets

zlodnick

I want to go down to Bangkok soon just to ride the transport systems, and see the new airport.

I was hoping the BTS, MRT, and airport link, could all be accessed by one ticket, but... what are you gonna do?

I think, one day, I will buy a 1day BTS ticket, and get off at several stops. Im wondering, on another day, what kind of ticket do I buy if I want to get on, wait for the train to make a full circle and then get off at the same station?

Also, as Im just going to take the airport link to look around the airport, is there much to see, whereas Im not going to go beyond the immigration point?

No common ticket yet, it is coming, honest.

Be careful riding the full circle. All three lines (add in the BRT too for a spot of variation) have a "maximum time in system" which attracts a penalty if you exceed it. Best to actually go somewhere, have a coffee then come back.

IMHO the only reason to go to the airport is to get on a plane. At one time you could view the tarmac from one of the upstairs restaurants, but I believe that went when they re-vamped immigration / security.

Also, you should bear in mind that, on the MRT and ARL at least, you'll have to leave the train at the end of the line whilst they do the security check, so you won't just be able to sit on a train and ride the whole way round. The same may happen on the BTS too - I've never been to the end of the line to find out.

No common ticket yet, it is coming, honest.

Be careful riding the full circle. All three lines (add in the BRT too for a spot of variation) have a "maximum time in system" which attracts a penalty if you exceed it. Best to actually go somewhere, have a coffee then come back.

IMHO the only reason to go to the airport is to get on a plane. At one time you could view the tarmac from one of the upstairs restaurants, but I believe that went when they re-vamped immigration / security.

There's an observation deck at BKK, it's upstairs in between the two international departures entrances after the check-in area.

Bangkok has A new airport?Where?Don Maung is older than dirt.BKK is I believe 9 years old going on 10.

BTS tickets depends how long you plan on staying in Bangkok.The last tme I was there I bought the 800 baht ticket.I believed I

Used it for approximately 5 or 6 days.

Why buy a BTS 800 baht ticket? Buy a Rabbit card at the station for 100 baht and only put on it the amount that you expect to use. You can put additional money on at any station at any time.