Is There A 7-11 At The Airport?

briley

I do remember reading somewhere about a 7 eleven and a Thai food hall, mainly aimed at staff but accessable for travellers.

I did find one in Singapore airport but it took some seeking.

I read a report somewhere on the internet (sorry can't remember) that there is a food hall but it is down several levels. Apparently this guy was just wandering around the airport and kept taking the escalator down until he found a food court.

I read a report somewhere on the internet (sorry can't remember) that there is a food hall but it is down several levels. Apparently this guy was just wandering around the airport and kept taking the escalator down until he found a food court.

I was at Suvarnabhumi on the 26th last month. That food court was about the only eatery that was actually open then. It was a bit tricky to find. Had to go all the way down to the level the taxis are on. Went out the doors, turned left and walked to the end of the terminal building, re-entered the terminal and there it was. Signage in the airport was horrible.

Wasn't any mini-mart open when I was there. Glad to hear that a Family Mart is now up and running.

I was at Suvarnabhumi on the 26th last month. That food court was about the only eatery that was actually open then. It was a bit tricky to find. Had to go all the way down to the level the taxis are on. Went out the doors, turned left and walked to the end of the terminal building, re-entered the terminal and there it was. Signage in the airport was horrible.

Wasn't any mini-mart open when I was there. Glad to hear that a Family Mart is now up and running.

There are several Family Marts in the new airport. Much more convenient in that respect to Don Muang. There's one in the public arrival area, level 2, between the international and domestic arrival gates. There's another one in the departure hall, level 4, on the far right if you're coming into the hall from outside. I think I remember seeing one or two more, but not exactly sure, nor where they were. There could have been another one in the arrival hall and/or level 3.

As stated, the food court is on level 1. Looking from the outside, it's on the far right. I didn't see any signs indicating it's presence until you reach it. Looked like all Thai food and mostly airport workers eating there when I went in. Didn't see any farangs, but this was one day after the airport opened and very late at night. I didn't have time nor the need to eat there, but certainly will try it in the future.

There's lots of other options for food, though seems like not as much, nor as good of selection, landside as was at Don Muang. Particularly there are a few places on Level 3 for food, and a restuarant on Level 5 but which looked to be expensive with a severe lack of customers. International airside the selection of places to eat and the prices are a huge improvement over Don Muang, though I only looked but didn't try any as I already had enough snacks at the TG lounge. At Don Muang, I always ate before going through customs if I was hungry, and never once ate airside as the prices and selection were horrible. At Suvarnabhumi, I'd wait until after customs to eat if I needed to as it's just the opposite of Don Muang. If you're flying domestically, better get any eating done before hand as once you go through the gate there aren't any good options for eating/drinking.

Edited by Soju

At Don Muang, I always ate before going through customs if I was hungry, and never once ate airside as the prices and selection were horrible. At Suvarnabhumi, I'd wait until after customs to eat if I needed to as it's just the opposite of Don Muang.

Good tip. I always did the same at the old airport.

If you're flying domestically, better get any eating done before hand as once you go through the gate there aren't any good options for eating/drinking.

Same as KLIA. Lots of options in the international satelite building, slim pickings in the domestic wings.

Thanks for all the replies,

Found the food hall (level 1 far right facing the building from outside) - very good food, service and price. Open longer than DM airport food hall - still very busy at 9pm

The family mart's are not as good as the 7 eleven but did have some stuff at good prices. Couldn't get next mornings breafast things - but their beer is slightly cheaper than the food hall (Leo for 23 against 30 baht).

Found the food hall (level 1 far right facing the building from outside) - very good food, service and price. Open longer than DM airport food hall - still very busy at 9pm

The family mart's are not as good as the 7 eleven but did have some stuff at good prices. Couldn't get next mornings breafast things - but their beer is slightly cheaper than the food hall (Leo for 23 against 30 baht).

You can buy beer at the airport???

One of my simple pleasures is to buy a couple of beers for the limo ride home. When the 7 at DM stopped selling beer the driver and I would scour the streets looking for a beer.

Thje best way for me to unwind after a flight is a couple on the backseat for the 2 hour drive. Fantastic.

Great news.

You can buy beer at the airport???

I flew out on 20 October; arrived to early so looked for a place to eat.

Found a place called Suki's below departures (level 3?) which ran out of suki but had beer ok. So I had a beer and after that looked for the smoking area. No way i could find one any where in the departure hall so decided to go further downstairs, pick up a couple of beers from the minimart and enjoy myself outside looking at the taxi queue.

Found the minimart on the arrivals level and grabbed a few cans of beer from the fridge, placed them on the counter for paying but to my surprise the girl told me she could only sell me the beer after 5pm. I said no problem I take them for free but she didn't really understand this comment. It was like 3 o'clock in the afternoon or something so I wasn't really to happy about that. Anyway found another minimart and they didn't make any problems;picked up 3 cans of heiniken, walked outside, gulped down the first can (to be used as ashtray) and spent the next 45minutes puffing away and enjoying the other two cans of beer :o

Called MAGIC FOOD and the entrance is beside the Express Bus Ticket stand...local prices and nosh not bad.