Pathumwan Market

dageurreotype

There are several (car) scrap yards/shops in Patumwan. May well have parts for jeeps.

Thannon Banthatong, soi 28, soi 32 is a place to start.

thumbsup.gif

In PathumWan there is a shop named PP, its next to a 7/11. The owner speaks very good English and is quite knowledgable, might be able to give advice.

There are MANY scrapyards in BKK and surroundings, MANY.

A fairly big one in Rangsit (Pathum Thani).

But I think the by far biggest one is the one in Bang Plii; get off the BangNa-Trat highway at Km 12 when coming from Bangkok and you are close.

The scrap yard is to your right when coming from BKK, but not adjacent to BangNa-Trat.

There are several (car) scrap yards/shops in Patumwan. May well have parts for jeeps.

Thannon Banthatong, soi 28, soi 32 is a place to start.

thumbsup.gif

In PathumWan there is a shop named PP, its next to a 7/11. The owner speaks very good English and is quite knowledgable, might be able to give advice.

There are MANY scrapyards in BKK and surroundings, MANY.

A fairly big one in Rangsit (Pathum Thani).

But I think the by far biggest one is the one in Bang Plii; get off the BangNa-Trat highway at Km 12 when coming from Bangkok and you are close.

The scrap yard is to your right when coming from BKK, but not adjacent to BangNa-Trat.

Thanks for all this valuable info. The mechanic I have in mind (good one) was a tad dubious about where to source parts. He normally works on saloon cars, not a jeep guy. So this advice will push him over to my side of wanting to restore it. I've seen a couple of other classic jeeps here on Phuket, but you never know what's really under the hood. My reasoning is better to spend on something I'm pretty sure won't need the price all over again not too far down the road (no pun intended biggrin.png ). Plus, very fond of my old CJ4 wub.png Thanks again wai2.gif

Archived