Day tours in and around Pattaya

tygerstar

Hi there. I'd like to book day or half-day tours to places like Nong Nooch, The Sanctuary of Truth, etc where the agency picks you up from and drops you off at your hotel at the end of it. Are there any particular tour agencies that you'd recommend for this or is it safe to just book a tour from one of those street kiosks that you see all over Pattaya. I'll be staying in South Pattaya. Thanks in advance.

My advice is get a taxi to pick you up from your hotel, take you to your chosen destination, and then return to your hotel by taxi.

This would be the most cost efficient way, and will give you total freedom to do what you want when you want.

Perfect advice.

There is/was a company with a small booth in Garden Plaza. They run a "bus" that goes around in a loop a few times a day stopping at the places you mentioned. You can get off and on as needed. Last I checked it did not quite go to all the places desired. In isolation, I did once take the arranged tour to Nong Nooch. Minivan picked me up at my hotel, drove to Jomtien where it collected people onto a big tour bus. That went to Nong nooch. Unfortunately that is for basically less than a half day at nong nooch and time is wasted taking the mini van waiting for the bus etc. There just is not enough time to saunter around, catch the cultural show, hang out, etc. They rush you in and out of Nong Nooch, which is not the way to enjoy that place. On my very first trip to Pattaya, I hooked up with a body massage girl who had an Uncle that had a car. He picked up us up at my hotel each morning and drove us to Nong Nooch one day, Crocodile Park the next day, that fancy Chinese type Wat I think it was also. So, my best suggestion is to just ask around at a few of the taxi stands and negotiate a price for each day. Something like 2000 baht a day at today's rates for a pickup and return in a foreign land is not too bad on a holiday. $60 USD or less for sure can be arranged.

A baht bus will act as a taxi for you; about 1000 Baht for the day. Give the driver another 100 for his lunch while he waits for you. Wednesdays are a good day to take a trip as the beach is closed for deckchairs and brollies.

Archived