Report- Non O visa, parent of Thai Child, Portland Oregon Consulate

I always appreciate seeing other forum members reports, so I thought I would add my own. I will tell you up front, that as usual with Portland, the entire transaction was quick and drama free.

I have two kids in Thailand, neither "legitimized" although both hold US CRBAs. Since I live in the area, I go every year to the Portland Oregon Honorary Consulate; this is the 7th time that I have gone for a Non-O visa..

Documents brought: Filled out visa application, two photographs, copies of children's Thai birth certificates, bank statement, and $200 fee. Every year prior to this there was a note on the web site that you had to have a bank statement showing at least $500, Although this requirement is no longer listed on Portland's web site, I brought mine anyway just in case.

I walked in the door at 936AM, and there was one other person ahead of me (also getting a Non-o) who was being helped by Mary. As soon as his visa was finished, she came over to me and inspected my paperwork and she did take the bank statement. While she was working on my visa we had a short discussion on the new METVs, and she was telling me that they were not that popular with her "regulars" at this point. As usual, Mary was very efficient, she finished up the visa quickly, handing me back my passport with new one year Non-O multiple entry visa and receipt and I handed over the $200 and was out the door at 950AM.

Edited by matta330
  • Like 1