CCCIF gets ready for EU probe into fishing practices this month

webfact

CCCIF gets ready for EU probe into fishing practices this month

f.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 January 2016 (NNT) - The Command Center for Combating Illegal Fishing (CCCIF) is ready for the upcoming inspection by the European Union (EU) which will not accept any illegal, unreported or unregulated (IUU) fishing practices.

CCCIF Spokesman Vice Admiral Jumpol Lumpikanon revealed that Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has reported on progress in improving Thailand’s fishing practices to the Cabinet.

The main content included the related bills, the implementation of the 2015 Fisheries Act, the national fishing management plan, the registration of migrant workers in the Thai fishing industry as well as the measures taken to strictly penalize those who don't comply with the regulations.

Regarding the EU inspection of IUU fishing practices in Thailand later this month, the CCCIF spokesman said the officials had accelerated their work to meet the EU requirements and now the documents have been organized and translated, ready for the probe by the EU inspectors.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-14 footer_n.gif

Well as i write in another tread i don't think there will be a ban, but today i just read that Thiraphong Chansiri, president and chief executive of Thai Union Group Plc says that

Thailand can guarantee that as of January 2016, there is no illegal labour in the Thai fishing industry, and the country does not deserve such a ban.

Well why are the CEO's, company's and so on not in jail wai2.gif

Edited by carstenp

Well as i write in another tread i don't think there will be a ban, but today i just read that Thiraphong Chansiri, president and chief executive of Thai Union Group Plc says that

Thailand can guarantee that as of January 2016, there is no illegal labour in the Thai fishing industry, and the country does not deserve such a ban.

Well why are the CEO's, company's and so on not in jail wai2.gif

Maybe, just maybe he's speaking the truth regarding January 2016, but it will be back to normal in February when the nasty EU inspectors have gone home.