Chinese Tourists 'forced' into buying by angry beach vendors on Pattaya Island

webfact

Chinese Tourists 'forced' into buying by angry beach vendors on Pattaya Island

china-1-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Late on Tuesday Night, two Chinese Tourists reported a disturbing incident which occurred earlier in the day at Larn Island, involving themselves and two angry beach vendors which ended-up costing them 12,000 Baht.

Mr. Chen Lei aged 43 and Mr. Xu Guangming aged 45 had spent the day on Tawaen Beach on the popular Island off the coast of Pattaya and were enjoying their trip until they were confronted by two angry beach vendors who threw crocodile-skin wallets at them and told them to hand over all their money or they would be hurt.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220725/chinese-tourists-forced-into-buying-by-angry-beach-vendors-on-pattaya-island/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-14

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have attended many sales seminars , I must have missed the sales technique where you angrily throw merchandise at prospects.

It is the technique where you threaten the customers with violence (although other threats are permissible) if they do not accept your selling price.

This technique works best in one-off transactions, involving grossly overpriced and/or falsely described goods, where the customer has no immediate recourse to outside assistance and you, the vendor, have impunity from legal or regulatory oversight.

wai2.gif

^^^^

This technique works best in one-off transactions, involving grossly overpriced and/or falsely described goods, where the customer has no immediate recourse to outside assistance and you, the vendor, have impunity from legal or regulatory oversight.

For example if you are in Thailand whistling.gif

This is a standard scam at many tourist locations around the world. It's been tried on me several times. The worst was in Bali at the viewpoint for the rice terraces. Luckily, my guide kept positioning himself between us and them. We took our pic and left very quickly...sadly...

vendors who threw crocodile-skin wallets at them and told them to hand over all their money or they would be hurt.

It is known a direct sales...with a direct approach...with a Thai twist...a little not so vailed threat throw in...

Some say that it is very effective...

This is Thailand...wai2.gif

I suspect they are in cahoots with Danish and Australian scammers and are attempting to pull the wool over the eye's of our ever vigilant boys in the brown. Surely they will be foiled in their evil oriental plans to denigrate honest Pattaya_extension beach vendors.

Very strange.

You get the feeling there's a little bit more to this story ?

it just don't sound right !!!!!!

Exactly so. These people were are a popular beach with other tourists and they were scared? The article didn't mention any guns or knives. Definitely something more to this story, but as always the quality of reporting is horrible.