Retirement extension

Or get a proof of income letter from your embassy and not worry about money in a thai bank

That's what I have been doing. However the Canadian dollar is heading down at the moment, so I am being pro-active just in case it drops below my income requirement method. Its at 24.75 today, but when it reaches 22 I will have to do the combo method.

• Like 1

Or get a proof of income letter from your embassy and not worry about money in a thai bank

That's what I have been doing. However the Canadian dollar is heading down at the moment, so I am being pro-active just in case it drops below my income requirement method. Its at 24.75 today, but when it reaches 22 I will have to do the combo method.

I have a vague memory of someone saying that the deposit for the combo method doesn't need to be matured, but please check carefully. Maybe ubonjoe will know smile.png

Good grief -- he's psychic! :)

Edited by jpinx

Since is not your first extension some offices will want it to be in the bank for 3 months. Others that go by the written rules will not require any seasoning.

While my Wife was in Khon Kaen Immigration yesterday submitting her TM30 form I asked about the combination method.

The Officer said money in bank for 2 months first time and 3 months thereafter.

I did make the point that it was for combination.

It seems that more offices are going down this route than before.

• Like 1

Since is not your first extension some offices will want it to be in the bank for 3 months. Others that go by the written rules will not require any seasoning.

My office is Jomtien.

I can recall reports of Jomtien not wanting it to be seasoned. It would be best to check with them to see what their current policy is.

• Like 1

My office is Jomtien.

Here is a report from last October confirming that Jomtien wanted the funds seasoned when using the combination method. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862696-chonburi-immigration-extension/

The orders/rules have been changed across the country. Although there still seems to be inconsistency more often than not the bank deposit needs to be seasoned for the 2/3 months.

My office is Jomtien.

Here is a report from last October confirming that Jomtien wanted the funds seasoned when using the combination method. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862696-chonburi-immigration-extension/

The orders/rules have been changed across the country. Although there still seems to be inconsistency more often than not the bank deposit needs to be seasoned for the 2/3 months.

The police order has not been changed. The same requirements have been in the last 2 police orders.

It is only local policy at some offices.

Also that post is not a good example to use in relation to what the OP will have. That person only had 300k baht of income and 500k baht in the bank. The OP will only need a small amount in the bank tor reach the 800k baht total.

• Like 1