Motorbikes to be seized from Phuket’s helmet-less drivers

webfact

Europe is very serious about not wearing helmets. Everybody does wear a helmet, no exceptions.

Not everyone, and there are exceptions, on one of our trips to Europe last year we were surprised at how many people in the Netherlands were not wearing helmets when riding motorbikes, this was in a number of towns including Amsterdam.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When do this rule take effect and is this aimed only at foreigners. Nearby my home, approximately 14:30 pm today, I for first time in years could see three foreigners stopped and motorbikes hold on side of road. Three hours later on the way from Samkong to Saphan Hin I could see dozens of Thais with no helmet in the traffic and in intersections and between them traffic police, none was checked or stopped.

Europe is very serious about not wearing helmets. Everybody does wear a helmet, no exceptions.

Not everyone, and there are exceptions, on one of our trips to Europe last year we were surprised at how many people in the Netherlands were not wearing helmets when riding motorbikes, this was in a number of towns including Amsterdam.

That will cost you a days income in many other European countries.

Confiscate bikes? Would love to see the size of the pound where they will store these bikes if it was actually going to happen for real lol?

Obviously will be a farang only application unless a tea fund contribution is forthcoming...

And what will happen after one month?I have heard it all before but maybe this time it will be longer lasting.And Stickylies of course makes a very good comment,

many helmets are not more then a glorified cap.

How would you make poor people pay for a better helmet?,maybe the government could make them and sell them at cost price.

Next issue will be many helmets will be stolen,people will need to lock them on the bike or carry them around while shopping at the market.

I had a good quality helmet stolen twice,now i also use cheap ones and have not had one stolen for eight years.

The government should provide the helmets free of charge. The money would be offset by the reduced cost of medical bills for the injured & social costs to families of the dead. Dead & injured people are a huge burden on an economy especially when 28,000 die & countless are injured every year.