Sukhumvit to close Jan. 21 for new footbridge

Rimmer

Sukhumvit to close Jan. 21 for new footbridge

n2tunnel1.jpg

PATTAYA:--A stretch of Sukhumvit Road will close for eight hours on Jan. 21 for installation of a temporary pedestrian bridge.

At a Jan. 5 progress update on construction of the Central Road bypass tunnel, project engineer Titiwatchara Anurutthikul told Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh and other city officials that traffic will be detoured off Sukhumvit from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. to construct the bridge near Pattaya School No.7.

The temporary pedestrian bridge will be used only until Feb. 21, when the permanent overpass will be completed by the Ban Chak service station, said project controller Wasan Unjit.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/sukhumvit-to-close-jan-21-for-new-footbridge-54798#sthash.ahtuJlXT.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-01-15 footer_n.gif

Thai,s working at night !

You only have to go to any Super Market at 10 am, to be tripping over roller trucks, pallets, and boxes blocking all the isles.

Working at night probably commands a premium on wages that the employers are not willing to pay. Therefore everyday folk have to tolerate all the chaos and misery caused by their selfish policies.

A policy probably arising from the fact that the bosses wont work at night

Thanks for the heads up. ..I'll mark my calendar to stay on the Darkseid that day. And the new Xtrail looks nice.

The bypass road will be a gridlocked catastrophe. I guess I'll come home from work the back way (Bira) to avoid it.

Thai,s working at night !

You only have to go to any Super Market at 10 am, to be tripping over roller trucks, pallets, and boxes blocking all the isles.

Working at night probably commands a premium on wages that the employers are not willing to pay. Therefore everyday folk have to tolerate all the chaos and misery caused by their selfish policies.

A policy probably arising from the fact that the bosses wont work at night

My VERY FIRST thought when I read this headline was 'This will be a disaster, hope they do it at night'.

----------------------------

Makro can be a scary place to visit, with the high-lift forklifts with pallets 30 feet in the air right next to shoppers too!

I read the article, sounds like they are diverting traffic going north to Third road???? Where will the turn off from suk to pat be exactly when returning from parts south on suk?

'Southbound traffic will turn on Soi Siam Country Club and be diverted to the railroad-parallel road. Northbound traffic will turn onto Soi Chalermprakiet 3 heading toward North Pattaya.'

This morning I left for at 8.30am from Pratamnak to get to the 7 & went all the way along 2nd rd then up Nua to the Suk & onto the 7. No issues.

Back about 2.30pm & had to get to NaJomtiem so went along the railway & again no issues.

Was I just lucky or did I just find a wormhole in Pattaya's space/time continuim?

Had a doctor's appointment at BPH at 0900, so left early. Clear sailing north to the hospital. Returning, caught a baht bus just north of Pattaya Nua on Sukhumvit. Again, clear sailing to Tesco Lotus at Thepprasit. There was no activity near the old concrete overhead walkway indicating its demise might be imminent. Wonder if it's still there. The new "temporary" one mentioned in the article has been in use for several days already.