Shennanigans Jomtien...........

thaiflyer1

It was to upmarket for Jomtien. Price wise

not really... the problem is the slump in tourism, and jomtien has been hit harder than central pattaya.

As a consequence, Jomtien patrons are much more likely to not be tourists but residents who know where to find a better offer.

Weren't these the same people that took over the Pattaya one also. They turned it into something called the Acorn. It lasted just a few months as well, the prices supposedly sky high. And now the same thing in Jomtien. I thought the biggest mistake they made was letting Stuart go, as last I heard he was doing very well in Frasers. And I don't know how true it is, but I also heard that they have bought the Sportsmans on soi 13, if so lets hope the do a better job there.

I'll be very surprised if the one by the lake lasts very long. I went in there once to check it out. Got terrible service when trying to order lunch. They were out of the first 2 items I tried to order; and took a total about 15 minutes to tell me that! Only one table occupied by a group of 4 people; and 2 guys at another. Of course that was at lunch time - about 1:00. They may do better at night. I'll never know. I won't be going back.

I, for one, will miss the all-you-can-eat Sunday carvery, although they raised prices from 299 to 399 (with free soft drink or water) to 399 (without free drink) in the last couple of years. The staff always recognized me and treated me well. Good luck to them.

Not overly impressed with Frasers foods (Thai spelling of Food - always an S ?)...(Same as shops are always Close - never Closed )

The Pig and Whistle does all the same as Shennanigans did. Note past tense already.

Without the noise. Was it just me but everything and everyone seemed very loud in there ?

..plus the two year jail term overhanging.

C'mon loppylugs fart the beans.........sounds interesting.

Anyway............ as long as they sell imported drought I could care less about the food or service at Shenanigans Lakeside.

The food you can eat in many, many places - but the beer is limited to a couple of places.

One of which means rubbing shoulders with one of the most obnoxious bar owners I've ever met.smile.png

..plus the two year jail term overhanging.

C'mon loppylugs fart the beans.........sounds interesting.

Anyway............ as long as they sell imported drought I could care less about the food or service at Shenanigans Lakeside.

The food you can eat in many, many places - but the beer is limited to a couple of places.

One of which means rubbing shoulders with one of the most obnoxious bar owners I've ever met.smile.png

Not on here,you will have to rub shoulders with someone

I noticed the quality of the food and service declined right after Stuart left, didn't go back.

He left?

Sorry, I should have been more precise, he left Shenanigans and it was very noticeable. The Friday steak special became chewy and the wait staff disappeared after serving you, just a couple of examples.

As far as I know after listening to him give a presentation on Fraser's at the Pattaya Expats Club meeting, he owns and operates Frasers and has a long history of managing bars and restaurants in Australia, etc. etc.

I am not an Ozzie but reckon he runs an excellent bar in Frasers. The Christmas day was enjoyed by both adults and kids - maybe 300 + guests that day over 2 sittings.

So the food is not haute cuisine JT but it's great pub grub and good value

Try Frasers instead , same as Shennanigans but with a view. And the food there is just great.

Frasers doesn't have an all-you-can-eat Sunday carvery, do they? Shenanigans had 6 meats at the carving station. I'm not interested in a set plate Sunday dinner.

Try Frasers instead , same as Shennanigans but with a view. And the food there is just great.

Frasers doesn't have an all-you-can-eat Sunday carvery, do they? Shenanigans had 6 meats at the carving station. I'm not interested in a set plate Sunday dinner.

They have a Sunday BBQ served from midday with all sorts of meat and as much salad as you want.

Yeah, I wonder why they don't do a more traditional Sunday Roast kind of thing. Maybe because it's an Aussie place, not Brit?

I asked the Aussie manager this once after going to Fraser's once specifically for a Sunday roast meal.

He replied that roast meals need to be done fresh, not lying around all day being kept warm.

Tend to agree with him.

Archived