The abandoned condo building at bali hai pier on google

Howitzer

1 hour ago, tropo said:

There's no way that building will ever be finished.

it is finished to completion but not presentable.

you need to put up with that view, thanks to bunch of tree-huggers who caused to stop it.

people who invested millions of dollars won't give up without a fierce fight.

that fight could outlive some of us.

the world is full of skeleton buildings waiting for a decision to be made by a group of low-life corrupt  politicians and greedy used-car-salesman-developers.

welcome to reality.

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

it is finished to completion but not presentable.

you need to put up with that view, thanks to bunch of tree-huggers who caused to stop it.

people who invested millions of dollars won't give up without a fierce fight.

that fight could outlive some of us.

the world is full of skeleton buildings waiting for a decision to be made by a group of low-life corrupt  politicians and greedy used-car-salesman-developers.

welcome to reality.

Nonsense.  Perhaps you mean that you want the lawmakers to rubber stamp the decisions made by "low-life politicians and greedy used-car-salesmen-developers".

You make post after post on this subject but refuse to declare your interest.

Tell us about this fierce fight. Seems mighty quiet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Nonsense.  Perhaps you mean that you want the lawmakers to rubber stamp the decisions made by "low-life politicians and greedy used-car-salesmen-developers".

You make post after post on this subject but refuse to declare your interest.

Tell us about this fierce fight. Seems mighty quiet.

I'm curious to hear what you and pattayadude have to say about this condo development.

I think one of you surely has some personal interest in the outcome of this development.

Let's hear it all please.

35 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'm curious to hear what you and pattayadude have to say about this condo development.

I think one of you surely has some personal interest in the outcome of this development.

Let's hear it all please.

My personal interest is that they have totally destroyed Bali Hai from the pleasant local area that it used to be.

It was great that most tourists turned around at Soi 16 on Walking Street and headed back towards the Beach Road.

Palm trees, swaying breezes, local fishermen and a relaxed atmosphere.

Now it's an ugly concrete mess with little to no atmosphere at all.

On the other side, I have contacts on both sides of the development. But since no one here has a stated interest, no need for me to solicit nor post any info.

But pattayadude seems really emotional about it and makes post after post, even after he states that he won't post any more about it.

4 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

My personal interest is that they have totally destroyed Bali Hai from the pleasant local area that it used to be.

It was great that most tourists turned around at Soi 16 on Walking Street and headed back towards the Beach Road.

On the other side, I have contacts on both sides of the development. But since no one here has a stated interest, no need for me to solicit nor post any info.

But pattayadude seems really emotional about it and makes post after post, even after he states that he won't post any more about it.

I hope pattayadude will reply as well.

8 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Tell us about this fierce fight.

since you and watcharacters characterize my posts "a fierce fight" and "personal interest in the outcome" ,you must have been following it right behind me throughout my posts and why? what' is your "fierce fight"?

I explained mine and will explain with the following example so you both get your head out of the sand.

You don't have to be the citizen of a country in order to fight for their cause.

Che Guevara was not a Cuban, but died while fighting for Cuba and for their cause, whatever it may have been.

My fight is the dirty beaches, sewage and soon diseases, trash mounds, rats, overhead dangerously hanging wires, corrupt officials taking bribes and trashing "YOUR VIEW" by building illegal high rises and abandon them unfinished for decades while in courts, greedy developers, blocked sidewalks and being forced to walk on the road and so on...

what is your fight? me?

What are you? a judge?

Don't waste your time.

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, watcharacters said:

But pattayadude seems really emotional about it and makes post after post, even after he states that he won't post any more about it. even after he states that he won't post any more about it.

I don't think that is your business. You getting personal.

Stick to the subject

Edited by pattayadude

7 hours ago, watcharacters said:

you were doing good up to that point

10 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Perhaps you mean that you want the lawmakers to rubber stamp the decisions made by "low-life politicians and greedy used-car-salesmen-developers"

I never said that!.

However, a finished building would be a better sight than a dark and concrete ghost of a tall bunker.

My issue is the flip flops, lack of experience,the inadequacy,the ignorance  of the authorities who run your city.

Same people who approved the building also built the half-arse marina and half-arse beach erosion projects and  totally screwed them up leaving them half-finished, crappy and rotting  and guess who has  to put up with that!.you sir!

Same people will dig the whole town for years, burrowing like a gopher to bury the electrical wires underground and possibly mess that up too, judging them by their track record of city works in the past and guess who will suffer  the horrendous traffic that will cause! you sir!

what difference does my interest in waterfront make, if you daily have to put up with  the consequences  of their management flaws.Next time if the sewage mixes in the rain and rises above ground  after (each) 5 minute downpour and your feet come in contact with the parasites, bacteria,chemical and toxic crap, you will remember this post!

Edited by pattayadude

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I never said that!.

However, a finished building would be a better sight than a dark and concrete ghost of a tall bunker.

My issue is the flip flops, lack of experience,the inadequacy,the ignorance  of the authorities who run your city.

Same people who approved the building also built the half-arse marina and half-arse beach erosion projects and  totally screwed them up leaving them half-finished, crappy and rotting  and guess who has  to put up with that!.you sir!

Same people will dig the whole town for years, burrowing like a gopher to bury the electrical wires underground and possibly mess that up too, judging them by their track record of city works in the past and guess who will suffer  the horrendous traffic that will cause! you sir!

what difference does my interest in waterfront make, if you daily have to put up with  the consequences  of their management flaws.Next time if the sewage mixes in the rain and rises above ground  after (each) 5 minute downpour and your feet come in contact with the parasites, bacteria,chemical and toxic crap, you will remember this post!

How did the building manage to bet built to the point where it is today?   Some  people   in the government must  have given approval.    

I wonder how the finished product will impact the traffic in the area?

Not so long ago the area around the pier was  relatively uncongested.

The building got planning permission and environmental assessment,apparently there is no right to a view even for the founder of the Thai Navy ! the set back from the sea was ok too test case VT 7....this building tripped up in that they didn't build to the plans, build on land they shouldn't have,didn't have enough parking (some other reasons too).... but it was the blocking the view that brought out the so called "tree huggers" who called for the structure to be investigated...why the infractions weren't noticed as the build progressed or until it topped out is anyone's guess.

Personally I think it should never have been built in that position it spoils the view of Pattaya bay from most of the view points on the hill.

4 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I never said that!.

The only one flip flopping here is you.

I won't post any more. Oh...but here I am posting again.

Oh terrible corruption in allowing that building to be built. Oh but finish it anyway.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I won't post any more

You can run from the reality but you can't hide it.

Oh but finish it anyway

it is finished but rough. and will stay there no matter how much you or anyone hates it.

Why don't you question why it was allowed and by whom, instead of questioning my motives and blaming me for stuff that doesn't hold water.

A $5 calculator could have figured the result of 50 floor X 3meter would equal to a whopping 150meter height and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that the first 20 floors of this 50floor project would block the 50 meter hill behind..

Now it's there and too late.

Enjoy your view!

Oh terrible corruption

I agree!

Edited by pattayadude

23 hours ago, johng said:

.why the infractions weren't noticed as the build progressed or until it topped out is anyone's guess

please i am begging for your wild guess! will you do that for me sir?

If you can't, I will have to refer you to my previous quote regarding the "$5 calculator"

A $5 calculator could have figured the result of 50 floor X 3meter would equal to a whopping 150meter height and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that the first 20 floors of this 50floor project would block the 50 meter hill behind

On 6/14/2018 at 11:37 AM, johng said:

but it was the blocking the view that brought out the so called "tree huggers" who called for the structure to be investigated

if the towering structure wasn't noticed by the public and it wasn't for their subsequent protest, the smallest detail of this project's 150 meter height would have escaped the inspector's and the authorities' radar and gone unnoticed, right?:cheesy:

Edited by pattayadude

if the towering structure wasn't noticed by the public and their subsequent protest, the 150 meter height would have escaped the inspector's and the authorities' radar, right?cheesy.gif&key=b0b5f6c84e5a00e3f18cb05d72759c14aab74d2066f14d2ee2b29e5ecbb29970

As far as I know the height is not at issue,the building got planning permission and passed environmental assessment studies...everyone involved in that process should have known the structure would cause detriment to the view of Pattaya bay looking down from the hill...but if you look at this and the VT7 saga it seems that there is no right to protected views....if there is land in front of your "sea view" condo (or founder of Thai Navy statue) its quite possible someone builds a structure just a few meters away spoiling that view.

I'm pretty sure the general /Pattaya public where not aware just how tall this building was going to be until it was "too late"

3 minutes ago, johng said:

I'm pretty sure the general /Pattaya public where not aware just how tall this building was going to be until it was "too late"

I agree. however, It's not the public's responsibility to constantly inspect and  notice the lawfulness of projects and  their exceeding heights, exceeding widths etc. in and around Pattaya.That solely is the responsibility of the engineers with calculators in the planning dept. to report their bosses at the approval stages before ground-breaking. Their bosses will take these reports and make a decision or recommendation to higher ups  whether this project should be approved or rejected.

The height issue should have been caught in that stage.

The height WAS one of the several issues since the developers were instructed to chop off the top 5 floors at some point but that was never followed by the developer or not too many people know what exactly transpired afterwards.The rest is obvious.

Today there is a total silence and uncertainty going into the 5th year soon since the halt.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, watcharacters said:

Not so long ago the area around the pier was  relatively uncongested.

true but that has to do with flip-flops of the City Hall and tourism ministry who decided to turn the area into a Chinese tour bus parking and maneuvering area. The arrival of hoards of Chinese and the street vendors are the reason for congestion and it's only gonna get "better"!

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, pattayadude said:

I agree. however, It's not the public's responsibility to constantly inspect and  notice the lawfulness of projects and  their exceeding heights, exceeding widths etc. in and around Pattaya.That solely is the responsibility of the engineers with calculators in the planning dept. to report their bosses at the approval stages before ground-breaking. Their bosses will take these reports and make a decision or recommendation to higher ups  whether this project should be approved or rejected.

The height issue should have been caught in that stage.

The height WAS one of the several issues since the developers were instructed to chop off the top 5 floors at some point but that was never followed by the developer or not too many people know what exactly transpired afterwards.The rest is obvious.

Today there is a total silence and uncertainty going into the 5th year soon since the halt.

Not looking through past 10 pages, but were you not a purchaser in this building?    Right now nothing will save this building,its finished ,kaput,all that is left is pulling it down,its unsafe

8 hours ago, altcar bob said:

its unsafe

did you arrive that conclusion by looking at your crystal ball?

But If you happen to have a copy of the result of an engineering report which proves that its structurally unsafe , please share with us.

Otherwise your conclusion of it being unsafe is just a speculation.

Being a purchaser or not is irrelevant and off-topic.

Edited by pattayadude

30 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

I suggest you should

I suggest you take a look at concrete roads especially around Pattaya,those potholes you bump and scrape through are caused by corrosion,expansion of metal reinforcement laid in concrete,thus rendering the concrete itself kaput,failing

Now this corrosion will be widespread throughout that building,nothing will fix it,it is un-repairable,and more so as it is subject to salt contaminated air,   forget it,its all over

1 hour ago, altcar bob said:

I suggest you take a look at concrete roads especially around Pattaya,those potholes you bump and scrape through are caused by corrosion,expansion of metal reinforcement laid in concrete,thus rendering the concrete itself kaput,failing

Now this corrosion will be widespread throughout that building,nothing will fix it,it is un-repairable,and more so as it is subject to salt contaminated air,   forget it,its all over

I applaud your imagination.

With this latest absurd assertion and doomsday theory, I believe apocalypse is around the corner for Pattaya! These may even be  the final "violin" moments of the sinking Titanic:violin:

Buckle up people and start your prayers!

Edited by pattayadude

35 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

I applaud your imagination.

With this latest absurd assertion and doomsday theory, I believe apocalypse is around the corner for Pattaya! These may even be  the final "violin" moments of the sinking Titanic:violin:

Buckle up people and start your prayers!

Nothing absurd about it,free analysis,  don't believe?  go ahead, pay your survey,it will confirm

16 hours ago, altcar bob said:

Not looking through past 10 pages, but were you not a purchaser in this building?    Right now nothing will save this building,its finished ,kaput,all that is left is pulling it down,its unsafe

I don't care about the reason, but I hope it is demolished, and serves as a warning to any that want to build antisocial projects. Did the people that decided to build in front of THAT hill think no one would protest? They could have built it anywhere else and it would be occupied already. Must have been really greedy, because they obviously thought the location would add profit. I'm happy that they were thwarted, even if the horrible building has to remain till it is condemned, and I hope they have to pull it down at their expense.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 7:41 PM, tropo said:

Even if they start again, how much extra cost will be involved in repairing the damage caused by weathering. How long before the building becomes unsafe?

Doubt they will consider that, well not until someone sneezes and it does a Ronan Point...Ronan_Point_collapse_closeup.jpg.9c1729ccdd0687f22931dd7d74454592.jpg...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pattayadude said:

did you arrive that conclusion by looking at your crystal ball?

But If you happen to have a copy of the result of an engineering report which proves that its structurally unsafe , please share with us.

Otherwise your conclusion of it being unsafe is just a speculation.

Being a purchaser or not is irrelevant and off-topic.

Actually it is relevant and on-topic. Simply because none of your numerous posts make any sense.

Post after post with no new information. Just ranting about the same things as before.

No one needs to go back through ten pages, because absolutely nothing new has been posted/revealed.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Actually it is relevant and on-topic. Simply because none of your numerous posts make any sense.

Post after post with no new information. Just ranting about the same things as before.

No one needs to go back through ten pages, because absolutely nothing new has been posted/revealed.

"Numerous posts"  ?

I can post as many as I choose. This is a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion as long as they stick to the rules of the forum.

"Just ranting about the same things"

I never characterize anyone's post "ranting" but I can understand what angers you and I don't pay attention.

You have failed to come up with valid proof on your assertion on the building being "unsafe".

What constitutes unsafe?

"nothing new has been posted/revealed"

There is no new information because the whole thing is in stalemate.

But feel free to share if YOU have new information!

Edited by pattayadude