Fed-up with Bangkok Pattaya Hospital - alternatives for flu shot?

pmugghc

Today I brought my whole family to Bkk Pattaya to get flu shots. First they wanted to have 2 different doctors, one for kids and one for adults. Protested, then they agreed to just have one doctor. But after waiting for more than one hour we gave up, it would have taken around one hour more (see the doctor, waiting for the nurses to get the vaccine, then get the shot, then waiting to pay).

Went to the local clinic in Jomtien. No can do, only hospitals!

So my question is: What other hospital do you recommend where the waiting time is reasonable, where bureaucracy hasn't gone wild and the prices are reasonable?

Many thanks for any advise

Suspect most was filling out registration and argument about children not seeing there own doctors rather than a normal consultation. First visits to most hospitals will require extra administrative time.

Flu shots are not routine here and just a visit to local drug store or community service as some of us are used to doing - it is a medical procedure under a doctors direction with a nurse observation period after the shot.

I try to make it a point to stop by the International Travel Clinic at BNH Hospital once a year for shots. The nurse assigned there knows her stuff quite well, and rarely is there a wait if I just show up unannounced. Last year I got seven inoculations .... added a few new ones like shingles and pneumonia shots ... and I doubt it took over an hour total.

Granted, this might not be preferred for the OP who is in Pattaya now, but in the future if there's a day trip up to BKK for shopping, maybe BNH could be added to the itinerary?

Suspect most was filling out registration and argument about children not seeing there own doctors rather than a normal consultation. First visits to most hospitals will require extra administrative time.

Flu shots are not routine here and just a visit to local drug store or community service as some of us are used to doing - it is a medical procedure under a doctors direction with a nurse observation period after the shot.

Actually we've been there many times so we have registration IDs, my kids are born there. It's just that I feel it takes longer and Ionger to get anything done.

Actually we've been there many times so we have registration IDs, my kids are born there. It's just that I feel it takes longer and Ionger to get anything done.

In that case you are probably right - and perhaps even longer on Saturday during high tourist season (probably more busy than normal).

I have stopped using all medical services in Thailand. I am of the belief that many in the profession here are incompetent and duplicitous on many different levels and that overall they do more harm than good. 18 years here and doing very well, thank you.

That may be your belief but it is not supported by any facts that I am aware of - Thailand has been a medical evacuation location for US dating back to the times of the US Army 5th Field Hospital here in Bangkok and ever since to private hospitals here. But as with any profession anywhere; there are those that fall below the norm.

I will not start taking flu shots until I'm over 60. I believe in my body and immune system to take care of most diseases.

And fresh garlic will keep the bacterias away., because of the smell it keeps people away also as an added bonus.

Edited by balo

Most years it took 10 minutes,this year I found it more of a chore as well,and more expensive,

Dr. Olivier Clinic Threprasit RD. offers flue vaccination as well

Thanks for the pointer to that clinic, didn't know about it. But I emailed and unfortunately got the following reply:

"I do not have anymore

All hospitals have them"

flu shots are routine here, up country and various regions I guess, I get one for free in our village near Nong Khai, just show my Thai driving licence for ID.

From personal experience, which I hope I am allowed to speak about, I would steer clear of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. My partner recently had an issue due to breast feeding our baby. She ended up with mastitis, I spent over 50,000baht at BPH and can only say it was a waste of money. They did not fix the problem and left me felling very angry and frustrated.

In the end I took her to Bumrungrad, seen a doctor there that spoke perfect English, he prescribed tablets to my partner to stop her producing milk, once the milk stopped she was able to fix the problem. They charged me 1,300 baht for the first visit and 6,000 for the 2nd visit. Problem solved. Wish I went there to start with.

I personally will never go to BPH again.

Sorry if someone dislikes this comment, just wanted to share my own personal experience!

Edited by rws85

Dr. Olivier Clinic Threprasit RD. offers flue vaccination as well

Thanks for the pointer to that clinic, didn't know about it. But I emailed and unfortunately got the following reply:

"I do not have anymore

All hospitals have them"

Must be a very competent doctor then. whistling.gif

Before anyone skips in, I know doctor Olivier for many years already when he was still opposite the LK hotel, and he will be the last doctor i visit.

I quit going to BKK Pattaya years ago... THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.... NOT THE SERVICE.... Pattaya International gives me just as good care and their prices seem to be more reasonable.

I went today, they wanted 2,000/person, so 8,000 for the four of us. Even more expensive than Bangkok Pattaya.

I quit going to BKK Pattaya years ago... THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.... NOT THE SERVICE.... Pattaya International gives me just as good care and their prices seem to be more reasonable.

I went today, they wanted 2,000/person, so 8,000 for the four of us. Even more expensive than Bangkok Pattaya.

We paid 800 baht per shot (less a 10% card discount) in December at Vejthani Hospital during routine visit so appears they are charging you 1,200 baht fee for doctor/nursing - high but not unusual at the more expensive hospitals. We usually pay about half that at Vejthani but it will vary a bit by the doctor used.

PATIENCE!..REMEMBER WHERE YOU ARE, AND YES BANGKOK HOSPITAL IS THE BEST

and I would guess you may have not had an appointment, so that furthers the confusion.

Yeah. It always confuses me when people don't have appointments. Sometimes I have to take a whole 5 minutes to figure it out.

a Volkswagen is cheaper than a Benz whistling.gif

a Volkswagen is cheaper than a Benz whistling.gif

My word , . . . to compare BPH to VW . Isn't that a bit insulting to BPH, careful they don't sue you for slander.