Chinese Visa

mogandave

Best of luck - you will need pots of it if you are going to the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok.

I had to get a business visa there about 18 months ago. I ended up visiting 3 times. The first time all the application paperwork was as close as you can get to being thrown at me by the obnoxious woman on the other side of the glass.

Even a tourist visa is a farce. You have to show that you have already booked a flight and hotel before they will even consider the application.

If you google it you will find multiple threads telling you all sorts of tales of woe. You have to be there at 0700 waiting in a queue, sweating in the BKK heat until 0830 to be let in to get a number and then you queue again, they don't announce the numbers and you have to be on the starting blocks and paying attention to get to the right window. Then the interrogation starts.

Arriving any later in the morning and you have no chance.

Check for your self all the paperwork you need, letters of introduction, contract, flight and accommodation details etc and make sure your employer provides everything correctly before even thinking about going to the Embassy.

They had a large sign in English, Thai and Chinese stating no agency applications will be dealt with....as with everything in LoS. They even have a seperate queue for the agency people who have large bundles of applications and passports. Mostly, for Indians, Thais and some Filippinos ?

I cannot think it has got any better since I applied, probably worse. Like I already stated - get the employer to get it right and you will get there. On your own - you will struggle.

Here below is what you have to go through for a tourist visa....it also shows you the correct building to go to....it looks like a run down old office block and it is.

http://migrationology.com/2011/07/how-to-get-a-china-visa-in-bangkok/

• 1 month later...

Best of luck - you will need pots of it if you are going to the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok.

I had to get a business visa there about 18 months ago. I ended up visiting 3 times. The first time all the application paperwork was as close as you can get to being thrown at me by the obnoxious woman on the other side of the glass.

Even a tourist visa is a farce. You have to show that you have already booked a flight and hotel before they will even consider the application.

If you google it you will find multiple threads telling you all sorts of tales of woe. You have to be there at 0700 waiting in a queue, sweating in the BKK heat until 0830 to be let in to get a number and then you queue again, they don't announce the numbers and you have to be on the starting blocks and paying attention to get to the right window. Then the interrogation starts.

Arriving any later in the morning and you have no chance.

Check for your self all the paperwork you need, letters of introduction, contract, flight and accommodation details etc and make sure your employer provides everything correctly before even thinking about going to the Embassy.

They had a large sign in English, Thai and Chinese stating no agency applications will be dealt with....as with everything in LoS. They even have a seperate queue for the agency people who have large bundles of applications and passports. Mostly, for Indians, Thais and some Filippinos ?

I cannot think it has got any better since I applied, probably worse. Like I already stated - get the employer to get it right and you will get there. On your own - you will struggle.

Here below is what you have to go through for a tourist visa....it also shows you the correct building to go to....it looks like a run down old office block and it is.

http://migrationology.com/2011/07/how-to-get-a-china-visa-in-bangkok/

The chinese embassy visa office has moved to 5th floor Thanapoom Tower, New Phetchaburi Road. Makkasan and is open from 9 am to 5 pm. A lot more staff at this new location and today instead of usual two hour wait, I waited five minutes for tourist visa. Price of single entry visa for Brits has risen to Baht 1600 from Baht 1100. The office can be easily reached by taking Underground to Phetchaburi station and a 38 bus going north to Victory Monument or a 38 bus going south from Victory Monument.

Make sure you have hotel booking, return air ticket from Bangkok and copy of your savings account plus passport owners page, retirement visa [if you have one] and reentry visa [if you have one]. The application form V2013 can be downloaded from Bangkok Chinese embassy website.