Korat bus station to Don Muang airport - Advice Please

Once Bitten

I have to go from Korat bus station to Don Muang airport ( Terminal 2 ) to catch a domestic flight , does any one know the best bus to catch that will go to / some where near Don Muang airport , that hopefully does not stop en route at every village along the way .

Thank You .

If you ask the people where you buy your ticket in the bus station "does the bus stop at the airport" then they will say no, so don't mention it, but when on the bus the assistant comes around and asks where everybody wants to get off and then you say the airport and they will stop for you. Hope that makes sense.

HL biggrin.png

If you ask the people where you buy your ticket in the bus station "does the bus stop at the airport" then they will say no, so don't mention it, but when on the bus the assistant comes around and asks where everybody wants to get off and then you say the airport and they will stop for you. Hope that makes sense.

HL biggrin.png

Now you have me wondering biggrin.png

Thanks for the info guy's thumbsup.gif

I'm going to be alone when I go to Korat bus sation and as its my first time I would have asked if the bus goes to Don Muang airport , and getting the reply '' no '' would have had me wondering sad.png

Is the vip bus just an ordinary bus station type or is it run by a separate VIP company ?

The other thing that's now crossed my mind is if the vip bus stops at Don Munang airport coming from Korat , on my return flight as I land at Don Muang airport and have to get back to Korat , so would it be possible to catch a vip bus returning to Korat from the airport ?

I posted a similar question here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/887464-don-muang-airport-to-korat-advice-please/

I have caught buses and minibuses from Korat and PakThong Chai, they all go past Don Muang, just tell the driver, they will stop for you.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

Thanks , any idea where I could get a minibus to Don Muang , in Korat ? , can they be found at the bus station ?

I have caught buses and minibuses from Korat and PakThong Chai, they all go past Don Muang, just tell the driver, they will stop for you.

Thanks , any idea where I could get a minibus to Don Muang , in Korat ? , can they be found at the bus station ?

Not sure where the minbuses leave from Korat, easier to get a taxi to the bus terminal, if you havent got much Thai, try "by satani lot air, yarg by krung tep". The train is really slow.

If you go into the main bus station. Near Big C and walk right to the far end past where the buses stop you will find the minibuses and the ticket office for the minibuses. But the big buses are more leg room and more comfortable and probably a bit safer as well.

When I go to Don Muang it's definitely a bus and then ask on the way to drop you off at the airport. No problems.

HL

If you go into the main bus station. Near Big C and walk right to the far end past where the buses stop you will find the minibuses and the ticket office for the minibuses. But the big buses are more leg room and more comfortable and probably a bit safer as well.

When I go to Don Muang it's definitely a bus and then ask on the way to drop you off at the airport. No problems.

HL

Thanks again , good point about the big bus Vs minibus safety thumbsup.gif

Your welcome mate, glad to be of help.

If you have decided to go by bus then when you walk to the ticket offices where the buses are parked walk down to the far end.

After you pass the shop and the seating area, about halfway to the far end you will see two ticket offices, one painted yellow and the other painted orange (I think) . They both cost the same and the buses are a similar quality so ask at one what time the next bus leaves and if it's longer than five minutes then go and ask at the other and pick whichever is soonest.

You will be attacked by the men who are there to persuade customers but just ignore them and do your own thing.

It's simple really just buy a ticket and ride.

HL