Got METV in Australia with no residency / employment requirements.

Well blow me down. Those trend setting AU consulates.

UK guys for one example can fly direct to Melbourne with jetstar, sometimes 10k return. Dreamliner under 9 hours.

For Yanks even better option.

Edited by jacksam
  • Like 1

The Tourist Visa application 'Form A' from the Royal Thai Consulate - Perth also asks:

14 What is your purpose of visiting? And then asks you to sign and date the following:

DECLARATIONS: I have read and agreed to the above conditions. The information I have given is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge

From page 2 of the Perth application form regarding METV:

A BANK'S CERTIFICATE OF BALANCE showing a balance of the amount equal to and not less than $8,000AUD or 200,000 Baht if applying for METV.

PROOF OF AUSTRALIAN VISA is required, if you are not an Australian citizen. Please provide a copy of your VEVO (see:www.border.gov.au/Busi/Visa).

No mention of proof of employment.

• Like 1

The Tourist Visa application 'Form A' from the Royal Thai Consulate - Perth also asks:

14 What is your purpose of visiting? And then asks you to sign and date the following:

DECLARATIONS: I have read and agreed to the above conditions. The information I have given is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge

And then?

Purpose would be extended tourism wouldn't it? Hence a 6 (9) month visa being available

Obtaining an METV from Australia may be a solution for some but an expensive solution. Flights, Hotel Accommodation, Ground Transportation etc.!

Cheaper than a trip back to the UK, Europe, or USA.

Probably cheaper than 4 or 5 trips a year to neighbouring countries for a SETV

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect!

• Like 1

I want to head back to oz early next month and no way is any one way flight under 10,000 baht,under 10,000 is low season prices.

From where, BKK? It's 6.3k last week of the month, 12k earlier than that.

xGSoiK5.png

• Like 1

Obtaining an METV from Australia may be a solution for some but an expensive solution. Flights, Hotel Accommodation, Ground Transportation etc.!

Not really.

I have no idea what is METV? I am not inclined to read this tread anyway, no time for it.

Multiple entry tourist visas, allows up to 9 months stay, replaces the double / triple entries of past.

• Like 1

I want to head back to oz early next month and no way is any one way flight under 10,000 baht,under 10,000 is low season prices.

xGSoiK5.png

Which airline mate ?, I searched AirAsia and was coming up at 20,000 baht.

And then?

Purpose would be extended tourism wouldn't it? Hence a 6 (9) month visa being available

Yes -- and for one or two METV applications, that answer should be fine. But after more, for a non-retired person, that answer as a "true, correct and COMPLETE" declaration as to Purpose might start to wear a little thin.

xGSoiK5.png

Try Jetstar

xGSoiK5.png

Try Jetstar

The screenshot was from Airasia... 13k Baht all-in

post-105668-0-65528900-1453170246_thumb.

I have no idea what is METV? I am not inclined to read this tread anyway, no time for it.

Please take the time to read this. I beg you. If you don't I will be devastated.

Now back to real life. It sounds like posters are saying Americans can get an METV in Australia though that's not what the OP said. Does someone know that this is possible for certain?

• Like 1

Over time may we may find that more consulates and embassies will relax these rules and realize , that people going on long holidays will not have an employer to go back home.

Kind of absurd to think that anyone will keep a job open for you for up to 9 months.

Is it not the key issue here that having enough funds to sustain your visit the main objective of the rules.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

It sounds like posters are saying Americans can get an METV in Australia though that's not what the OP said. Does someone know that this is possible for certain?

That is what OP said.

It's written on the consulate websites there, that you don't need to an Australian national. The Melbourne website seems to be down at the moment, but this is the application form for Canberra:

http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/DownloadForm/4304860377

From the second page this is all you need to show:

ahkmlOx.png

My partner and I applied here in Bangkok at the Australian visa office for a visa to Australia over a year ago. She is Thai and without asking for a METV received one which I didn't realise for about 6 months.

Great, this thread is about us receiving visas for Thailand though. Applying in Oz. :)

• Like 2

It sounds like posters are saying Americans can get an METV in Australia though that's not what the OP said. Does someone know that this is possible for certain?

That is what OP said.

It's written on the consulate websites there, that you don't need to an Australian national. The Melbourne website seems to be down at the moment, but this is the application form for Canberra:

ahkmlOx.png

Note that while the above jpg for Canberra mentions 'adequate finances in the past six months" the Perth Application form A does not mention any time requirement:

Perth: (Documents require) A BANK'S CERTIFICATE OF BALANCE showing a balance of the amount equal to and not less than $8,000AUD or 200,000 Baht if applying for METV.

Edited by JLCrab

I will be applying for METV in Perth in April, the second entry air ticket date is a bit of a pain, my plan is initially fly in stay 40-60 days and then go to Cambodia for a month how much time are you allowed to be out of the country is there a maximum amount of days? Can someone explain.

That is what OP said.

ahkmlOx.png

Note that while the above jpg for Canberra mentions 'adequate finances in the past six months" the Perth Application form A does not mention any time requirement:

Perth: (Documents require) A BANK'S CERTIFICATE OF BALANCE showing a balance of the amount equal to and not less than $8,000AUD or 200,000 Baht if applying for METV.

Try get a refundable air ticket or one where u can change date and/or destination at no extra cost.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect!

here you go....

http://www.skyscanner.com.au/transport/flights/bkkt/per/160205/airfares-from-bangkok-to-perth-in-february-2016.html?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=0&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false#results

AK.png
06:05DMK
12h 25
1 stop DPS
19:30PER

It would be interesting to see if the Oz Thai consulates issues METV to non-Brits. For historical reasons, Oz extends various services to Brits that may not be available to citizens of other countries, Medicare, applications for British passports at the Post Office, etc.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

here you go....

http://www.skyscanner.com.au/transport/flights/bkkt/per/160205/airfares-from-bangkok-to-perth-in-february-2016.html?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=0&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false#results

AK.png
06:05DMK
12h 25
1 stop DPS
19:30PER

400$ one way? Go check on the Airasia website, its under 200$ one way.