Robusta Coffee

I just hope it's not any artificial flavour they add.

Now being in VN I bought a pack whole beans at a coffee company called Minh Quan.

Let's see how it tastes at home.

What I could figure out with a closer look at the packaging, it is 97% Arabica coffee and 3% Butter.

I tried this morning, I like the taste.

Though I think I will try to mix it 50/50 with regular Arabica.

I just hope it's not any artificial flavour they add.

Now being in VN I bought a pack whole beans at a coffee company called Minh Quan.

Let's see how it tastes at home.

What I could figure out with a closer look at the packaging, it is 97% Arabica coffee and 3% Butter.

I tried this morning, I like the taste.

Though I think I will try to mix it 50/50 with regular Arabica.

Liking all Your posts..

1" pipe might be easier to pump uphill..

Maybe, don't listen to me on this.

No experts here, yet.

You might plant Arabica as ur the same latitude as us in Hi.

Watch this video.. the first one, 'dirty jobs, Organic Kona Coffee' after seeing it twenty times at the farm featured, I am sure nothing is added until after it's roasted and cooled.. Alohz

https://youtu.be/hZC_IzOH9M8

Hi, yes I am surprised by the interest my original question has raised. Good to see so many people talking about coffee and irrigation. I am back in April for a quick visit so I will be looking at what other local hill coffee farmers do for irrigation in the Chumphon area. But as I said before I am no farmer. I watched the video link very interesting, I already gathered seaweed washed up on a local beach and placed it around a few coffee trees to see what happens, as the seaweed is high in minerals I think it will have a positive effect. As for the chickens and geese in the video being used to help, I think they may not last around here as there are some very big snakes here. Scary the hell out of me much to the amusement of my partner and her family. First time I was looking around the coffee, I was asking "any snakes around here" answer "No snakes" with lots of laughter and a bit of are you crazy look on there face. Sure enough after about 20 minutes walking around we come across a snake about 6 feet long. mmmmmmmmmm what can I say.

Liking all Your posts..

No experts here, yet.

Watch this video.. the first one, 'dirty jobs, Organic Kona Coffee' after seeing it twenty times at the farm featured, I am sure nothing is added until after it's roasted and cooled.. Alohz

Hi, yes I am surprised by the interest my original question has raised. Good to see so many people talking about coffee and irrigation. I am back in April for a quick visit so I will be looking at what other local hill coffee farmers do for irrigation in the Chumphon area. But as I said before I am no farmer. I watched the video link very interesting, I already gathered seaweed washed up on a local beach and placed it around a few coffee trees to see what happens, as the seaweed is high in minerals I think it will have a positive effect. As for the chickens and geese in the video being used to help, I think they may not last around here as there are some very big snakes here. Scary the hell out of me much to the amusement of my partner and her family. First time I was looking around the coffee, I was asking "any snakes around here" answer "No snakes" with lots of laughter and a bit of are you crazy look on there face. Sure enough after about 20 minutes walking around we come across a snake about 6 feet long. mmmmmmmmmm what can I say.

Azomite is/was available in BKK, a lot easier to use than seaweed, I posed some info

on one of the threads up in the OG section at the top of the forum page.

rice555

Liking all Your posts..

No experts here, yet.

Azomite is/was available in BKK, a lot easier to use than seaweed, I posed some info

rice555

sorry, cannot find the OG section, first of all what is "OG" and where do I find this section?

Thanks

Liking all Your posts..

No experts here, yet.

rice555

sorry, cannot find the OG section, first of all what is "OG" and where do I find this section?

Thanks

when you open the farming forum main page, it's at the top of the page

before you get to the pinned threads.

the first link at the top.

8 years in coffee production for Kraft Foods.

I was in R&D and more involved with freeze drying processes and blending.

very interesting !

got a question for you: I think Nescafé Gold 100% arabica is one of the more drinkable instant coffees - do you know any with comparable taste/quality but cheaper than Nescafé Gold?