Immigration in Khon Kaen

Big thumbs up called in today 0915 for 90 day report. No one in there so no queue handed over tm47 and passport. He asked or was going to ask for a TM 30 till he saw it stapled to passport already quick smile passport into machine printed out conformation slip stapled it in, and he asked why not do it online, explained problem to him, looked on his computer said something in Thai and started typing. 30 secs later he assures me it will work next time something wrong on computer under your name he says. Thanked him and left 4 mins start to finish re online report will wait and see! !! But exellent service

Edited by Sutty
  • Like 2

'went in 1 week ago; have never had any problems and expected none. But, as I needed an annual extension-based-on-retirement and a re-entry and I had all of the few things needed ready, not quite as I expected. Just after getting into que, about 3 spots down, I noticed the waiting room was somewhat full. It turned out that all the upper level IMOs were called into some 'honcho meeting' and after being processed and paying, then told to please wait, about 2hrs later they bosses came back and I got my passport back, all done. Mark it up to a fluke--again, never any issue there, but just not my day. Note, my only IMO experience was with Hua Hinn and they were very accommodating as well. "Thumbs up" to both offices.

• Like 1

and yet again a 2 hour wait is not so bad. I have had to wait for 2 days at Chaeng Wattana in the past.

I did my extension of stay (NON O) at Sakhon Nakhon and was processed quickly. Same for Samut Prakan.

Tomorrow first time Khon Kaen :)

Would you guys quit all this bragging and giving out of kudo's. We in Chiang Mai are tired of it. We have an alternate universe immigration service here.

Kudo's to you guys you are doing a great job keeping them all up there to save the rest of us, chorus of for he's (the farangs in chiang mai) are jolly good fellows is in order.

20 mins in/out in Pattaya for 90-day today.

Was more impressed at level of service than time it took.
You're lucky there...the little fella that has been stuck at the 90-day desk in Pattaya for 10 years never smiles.

Yes I remember him, no specific desk here could end up with any of desks and any of the officers. I suppose Pattaya is diffrent everytime I was there they were so busy.

• Like 1

and yet again a 2 hour wait is not so bad. I have had to wait for 2 days at Chaeng Wattana in the past.

I did my extension of stay (NON O) at Sakhon Nakhon and was processed quickly. Same for Samut Prakan.

Tomorrow first time Khon Kaen smile.png

Fingers crossed you get desk number 2 whistling.gif

• Like 1