Non o visa based on dependant for foreign couple.

Hi hope someone can advise on visa options, we are foreign national married couple my wife has a business and work permit she is on a non b multiple entry visa. I am currently on a single entry non o visa due to expire the end of Febuary. My questions are; can I get an extension to my current visa based on being a dependant ( spouse ) If so without leaving the country i.e. at local immigration or do I have to apply for a new multiple entry non o at a Thai embassy outside Thailand e.g Penang. Also what requirements other than marriage certificate and proof of her company , work permit, company registration documents , would I need to attach to my application for a new visa or extension to existing. Many thanks in advance.

• First your wife will need an extension of stay based on her work permit. That can be done in the last 30 days of any 90 day entry.

Once your wife has an extension of stay you can apply for an extension to match the term of her stay based on being her spouse. You should be able to apply for the two extensions at the same time.

If your wife prefers to keep using the non 'B' visa and exit/re-enter every 90 days then you will need to get another visa.

Thankyou for your replies and information if possible can you tell me what paperwork my wife would have to submit to apply for an extension of stay, approximately how long the process would take, and where should she apply , local immigration ?. ( ours is Samui ) Or main office in Bangkok, Many thanks again

Thankyou for your replies and information if possible can you tell me what paperwork my wife would have to submit to apply for an extension of stay, approximately how long the process would take, and where should she apply , local immigration ?. ( ours is Samui ) Or main office in Bangkok, Many thanks again

The paperwork will be supplied by your wife's employer who should know what is required.

The extension can be obtained with just one visit to the local immigration office.

You can find the basic requirements to get an extension of stay based upon work in clause 2.1 and annexes of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

She would have to apply for the extension at the immigration office for the province where her work permit was issued.

If she does not get the extension you will not be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa at any nearby location.as her dependent.