Size Of Cabin Bags

I am leaving Thailand early next month and want to take my small shuttle computer with me. I have a standard size cabin bag, (he sort that fit into the frame thing they have at checkout) and the computer is small enough to fit in there nicely. I can then carry the computer in that, making sure it is safe. I certainly don't want it thrown around in normal baggage.

However, I have heard that you are only allowed a small bag now, enough to hold a few personal items and this would stuff my plans to safely transport the PC.

What does anyone know about this change, if it is indeed a change?

Edited by Mister Fixit

I am leaving Thailand early next month and want to take my small shuttle computer with me. I have a standard size cabin bag, (he sort that fit into the frame thing they have at checkout) and the computer is small enough to fit in there nicely. I can then carry the computer in that, making sure it is safe. I certainly don't want it thrown around in normal baggage.

However, I have heard that you are only allowed a small bag now, enough to hold a few personal items and this would stuff my plans to safely transport the PC.

Might want to call your Airlines company to see what is allowed as a carry on. Usually the airlines would post what is allowed on their website. Have a good and safe trip =-)

Might want to call your Airlines company to see what is allowed as a carry on. Usually the airlines would post what is allowed on their website. Have a good and safe trip =-)

Thanks for the reply.

In fact, I finally found the airline number at the airport. They tell me it will be OK. I couldn't find anything on their website though. I'll poke around further.

They said it's only flights from London and US airports where bag sizes are being restricted.

Phew!

Be nice to get back. I haven't seen my 4 kids in 2 years.

Thanks for the reply.

In fact, I finally found the airline number at the airport. They tell me it will be OK. I couldn't find anything on their website though. I'll poke around further.

They said it's only flights from London and US airports where bag sizes are being restricted.

Phew!

Be nice to get back. I haven't seen my 4 kids in 2 years.

:o

Left BKK on the 12th of October and flew Thai International. They had a box in the departure area with the size they allowed for carry-on luggage. From what I saw, your computer bag should fit with no problem (assuming it is normal size for computer carry bag). One point though, be sure the battery is chaged on your computer. They are checking at the security entrance area to the depature gate area, and they will make you take your laptop out of the bag, and turn it on.

:D

You are obviously not going to UK, but for anyone who is try :-

www.heathrowairport.com

It is BAA website and is very useful. Has all the security regs and you can sign up fo E-mail updates. You can access other UK airports and get live arrival and departiure details etc. etc.

Left BKK on the 12th of October and flew Thai International. They had a box in the departure area with the size they allowed for carry-on luggage. From what I saw, your computer bag should fit with no problem (assuming it is normal size for computer carry bag). One point though, be sure the battery is chaged on your computer. They are checking at the security entrance area to the depature gate area, and they will make you take your laptop out of the bag, and turn it on.

:D

It's not a laptop. It's a shuttle PC, very small, but way bigger than a laptop. See here -

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/sli...ail.php?UID=552

It will fit into a standard cabin bag, which is why I want to transport it that way where I can keep my eyes on it.

One point though, be sure the battery is chaged on your computer. They are checking at the security entrance area to the depature gate area, and they will make you take your laptop out of the bag, and turn it on.

What will they check your computer for? Why must you turn it on?

I have a laptop with a very weak battery (I'm sure this is common), so weak that after a while, there wouldn't be enough power left to start it up.

The cabin bag limits are listed here:

http://www.thaiairways.com/Travel_Destinat...eck_in_faqs.htm

It's 115 cm for the 3 dimensions and 7 kg weight.

I think this is universal.

Many thanks. I knew there was a standard size allowed and had read it somewhere before but couldn't remember where.

Luckily my bag is well wihin those dimensions. Relief!

India has enacted a law limiting hand baggage to one piece, no matter what class you are travelling in. :o

I think that's standard world wide. Only one piece of cabin baggage, and ladies can carry a handbag too.

However, I've always got away with a bumbag round my waist for my passport etc as well as the cabin bag

From CX web-site:

For all classes, each passenger (except an infant) can bring a free baggage allowance of one cabin bag not exceeding 56x36x23cm (22x14x9 in) in size. These dimensions include wheels, handles and side pockets. First Class, Business Class, Invitation, Diamond, Gold and Silver tier members of The Marco Polo Club (The Club) are each entitled to an extra allowance of one garment bag not exceeding 20cm (8inch) thick when folded in half, or one soft bag not exceeding 20cm (8inch) thick. For all travel classes, duty-free items are included in your cabin baggage allowance.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/h...gageinformation