Final Prep For Aus Spouse Visa

Hi there, my partner and I are almost ready to submit our application, but I have a few more questions before heading to DIMA.

1.) Do applicants for Aust partn visas need to be tested for TB when having their medical tests?

- We will go to BHN, will the nurses know what to test for, or is there a list on the DIMA website of what the applicant needs to be tested for?

-------------------------------

2.) Ive read this forum over the past few weeks and have gained alot of answers. Ive become alittle confused by one posters Questions.

- As far as id found out, once a thai document is translated into English, Stamped and signed by the translator, this document can be presented with the application.

* What ive since read on this forum, is that the document may then need to be taken to the Foreign afairs office to be again stamped. Or taken to the Aus Embassy to be again certified.

Surely once the translated document has been stamped and signed by the person or agent who translated it - this is ready for submition???????

--------------------------------------

3.) Marriage document to submit.

With our marriage Certificate came a document in Thai that states place, date and names of those who married - IS this the document we need to submit with our SPOUSE visa application??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there, my partner and I are almost ready to submit our application, but I have a few more questions before heading to DIMA.

1.) Do applicants for Aust partn visas need to be tested for TB when having their medical tests?

- We will go to BHN, will the nurses know what to test for, or is there a list on the DIMA website of what the applicant needs to be tested for?

-------------------------------

2.) Ive read this forum over the past few weeks and have gained alot of answers. Ive become alittle confused by one posters Questions.

- As far as id found out, once a thai document is translated into English, Stamped and signed by the translator, this document can be presented with the application.

* What ive since read on this forum, is that the document may then need to be taken to the Foreign afairs office to be again stamped. Or taken to the Aus Embassy to be again certified.

Surely once the translated document has been stamped and signed by the person or agent who translated it - this is ready for submition???????

--------------------------------------

3.) Marriage document to submit.

With our marriage Certificate came a document in Thai that states place, date and names of those who married - IS this the document we need to submit with our SPOUSE visa application??

Thanks in advance for your help.

We are in the same boat as you, we will apply in about 3 weeks.....................

I spoke to an Aussie native who works at the embassy on the phone and these were his answers to the following questions you asked............( we needed the same answers :o )

1- You can lodge your application before taking your partners medical exam, then you can talk to and ask questions from your case officer. That is what we plan to do because the guy I spoke to said that it would not slow up the application process as after the medical results are done they are sent to the embassy straight away, so it does not take long. I dont know about the TB part of your question, everything that needs to be checked is in the medical results form, the doctors should also know as they are on the embassys list.

2- The same guy told me that we dont need to go to foreign affairs. After the translation agency stamps the doccuments, bring the translated doccuments with the origionals to the embassy and your case officer or someone else at the embassy can certify the doccuments for you as being true. Maybe for a fee, im not sure. Then you take the origionals home, no trip to foreign affairs needed.

Like you said, to many conflicting stories, so thats what im gonna do, rather than pay the quoted 400 THB per doccument at foreign affairs ( we have about 8 doccuments!!! ). If the embassy has a problem, a trip to forieng affairs would only take afew days anyway.

3- Yes, that is the important doccument. The fancy color marriage certificate does not proove anything. You need to submit that cheap looking front and back page doccument with all the signatures and dates on it. that is the so called (extract) from the registers office that you need to provide, so get that doccument translated as well.................