Man stabbed in the neck at East Pattaya Restaurant

webfact

Man stabbed in the neck at East Pattaya Restaurant

stab-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA; -- Late on Wednesday night a 38-year-old man was stabbed in the back of his neck and badly beaten by a group of youths over a previous dispute over an unpaid bill at a Restaurant owned by his girlfriend.

The incident occurred in Soi Nong Pla Duk 2 at a restaurant owned by Khun Penapar aged 40, who accompanied the victim, Khun Pratip, to Banglamung Hospital where she spoke with Police and revealed the chain-of-events leading up to the stabbing.

She had previously served a group of men at the restaurant but they did not have enough money to pay their bill.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220959/man-stabbed-in-the-neck-at-east-pattaya-restaurant/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-22

Talking about the country as a whole, and not bashing any individual part, as it appears to be happening too often, far too frequently all over Thailand,it is about time they seriously thought about the sentencing structure for such hideous and cowardly acts.

The longer they carry on giving out punishments, which act as no serious detterent, the more these cowards will carry deadly weapons.

In my opinion this guy isn't brave but stupid. He was acting like a bloody greenhorn who doesn't know anything about Thailand and young thai people who believe to be strong and untouchable. How can he try to make a problem with a gang of young thai boys who want to show their power to their friends? I guess the bill was just a few hundred bath. It's not worth to risk a life for that. The woman did the right thing. She just let them go. They come back to pay or not it doesn't matter. She is Thai. She knows young thai people and how to stay away from big trouble with a youth gang.

From the linked article:

"She had previously served a group of men at the restaurant but they did not have enough money to pay their bill. The owner reluctantly agreed to allow them to leave and pay later but the victim, Khun Pratip, entered the conversation and verbally threatened the men to pay immediately or there would be a problem.

The customers left and then returned less than 1 hour later and confronted Khun Pratip, who was assaulted and stabbed in the back of his neck."

It would seem that the victim might have taken the wrong approach. Still, that does not justify the assault by the group of customers.

In my opinion this guy isn't brave but stupid. He was acting like a bloody greenhorn who doesn't know anything about Thailand and young thai people who believe to be strong and untouchable. How can he try to make a problem with a gang of young thai boys who want to show their power to their friends? I guess the bill was just a few hundred bath. It's not worth to risk a life for that. The woman did the right thing. She just let them go. They come back to pay or not it doesn't matter. She is Thai. She knows young thai people and how to stay away from big trouble with a youth gang.

He is Thai so I suspect he may know a little bit about Thailand.

He doesn't know anything about Thailand? I think you will find the guy is Thai, in his 30's, so if he doesn't know, who does?