Korat To Suvarnabhumi Airport

ajarnski

How do I get from Korat to the new airport by bus. Used to be able to take the express/tour bus from Korat and have them drop me off at Don Muang. Is there anything similiar at the new airport? Or do I have to go to Don Muang and take a taxi to the new airport?

Thanks....

Ski

How do I get from Korat to the new airport by bus. Used to be able to take the express/tour bus from Korat and have them drop me off at Don Muang. Is there anything similiar at the new airport? Or do I have to go to Don Muang and take a taxi to the new airport?

Thanks....

Ski

There is a bus station at the airport their "Transportation Center."

I have a (paper) schedule that shows busses stopping at and leaving from the new airport to Nakhonratchasima, 263 km for 189 baht.

Looks like two departures matching 2 arrivals. The bus company that owns the bus is the "THE TRANSPORT CO., LTD."

Check with the bus company at Korat and see what they say.

Thanks....

Ski

There is a bus station at the airport their "Transportation Center."

I have a (paper) schedule that shows busses stopping at and leaving from the new airport to Nakhonratchasima, 263 km for 189 baht.

Looks like two departures matching 2 arrivals. The bus company that owns the bus is the "THE TRANSPORT CO., LTD."

Check with the bus company at Korat and see what they say.

More bus info and tel number for info here. Go to Transport Centre.

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/index.htm

boxer,

great info, but is there anything like all that in thai (very explicit info?), would like to have bf read it out to brother in law who may be picking us up: the day we arrive there is no longer parking by airport (from what i see from your site) so brother must park in short term park area . he is not local (up country) so want to clue him in. (i know it wont help much but worth a try).

also, the korat bus: how often?? sorry, couldnt get it fromthe picture.

karazyal: thats from new airport? what is the time table?

bina

http://www.transport.co.th/tablesuwanapoom2.html

ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ -

หนองคาย

Suvarnabhumi Airport - Nong Khai

06.00 , 22.30

ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ -- สระบุรี - นครราชสีมา -ขอนแก่น - อุดรธานี - หนองคาย

Suvarnabhumi airport - Saraburi - Nakhon Ratchasima - Kon Kaen - Udon Thani - Nong Khai

You'll have to inquire in Nakhon Ratchasima re: schedule going to new BKK.

Well...my GF asked the people at the bus station/terminal in Korat.....the answer " Bus only go to Mor Chit...take taxi from Mor Chit to Suvarnabhumi Airport."

What is the "Thai" name of the bus station/terminal that is near Suvarnabhumi Airport? The one where you can catch the airport bus.

Thanks ...

Ski

Well...my GF asked the people at the bus station/terminal in Korat.....the answer "

Bus only go to Mor Chit...take taxi from Mor Chit to Suvarnabhumi Airport."

It CAN be done quicker/cheaper (hopefully): get off that bus in RANGSIT/Future or even at old Don Muang (should be still possible).

FRom BOTH citybus 554 and 555 run to the BUSterminal, but that will take at least 1 hr, likely more. Both run quite frequent, as they mainly aim at airportworkers, now facing a long ride to the new working place.

IF time is an issue, and money not so much, take taxi from HERE=Rangsit, instruct to go via Ongkarak canal (Dream World), then join Expressway just east there= you bypass all of BKK's traffic woes.

FROm D.Muang/just around corner of busstop is MINIVAN 555 DIRECT to BusTerminal, cost is 50 bt.

However, yester= wan sau=saturday I did not say it lve during 20 mins nor anyone boarding it. May involve a long wait, but then a fast ride.

What is the "Thai" name of the bus station/terminal that is near Suvarnabhumi Airport? The one where you can catch the airport bus BACK or are set off o arrival:.

Satanee(=station) Konsong)=transport) Suvannapoom. Just like ANY Thai bus-station.