Which Replacement Salt chlorinator

Chuckles78

I have a discontinued endurochlor sc 25 ts cell thats about end if its life.

Currently my Chlorine output is set at maximum yet my pool does not have a high chlorine reading.

My pool water capacity is approx 46'000 litres and i have a family of 5.

So which chlorinator is ideal? I'm been told the Zodiac TRi Medium would do the job, but looks like it produces 24gram/h whereas I assume my old one did 25grams and was on the limit.

Should i look at the large version that does 40gram/h and just turn output back to match?

I would check your water chemistry first to make sure all is within bounds especially the Cyanuric Acid. I have a very large pool of approx. 150,000-175,000liters and use 2 chlorinators set at 30%. There is more than ample chlorine in the water even at 30% production. I'm using a Zodiac Tri Large and a Surechlor 4000.

My water balance seems to be in order for CYA, Alkalinity, pH etc. The only thing out of range is hardness which is a bit high. The salt cell is a bit clogged with calcium which builds up quickly. Its about 5 years old and has been cleaned many times.

Under normal conditions here in the tropics the Zodiac TRi-COMPACT would be perfectly adequate. It is designed for pools up to

up to 70m3. It is the model we install with all our pools of that size. If you have a particularly heavy bather load, high loss through frequent backwashing and/or splashing, youmay wish to consider the TRi-MEDIUM. (70 - 120 m3 )

Our prices are extremely competitive and the products are fullybacked by the manufacturer's 3-year warranty directly through us. See them HERE.

• Like 2

Ok i guess the Zodiac M should be more than enough. Perhaps my chlorinator was also more effective a few years ago.

These are my readings:

post-218758-14535284826763_thumb.jpg

post-218758-14535284946536_thumb.jpg

post-218758-14535285039884_thumb.jpg

CYA is between 30-50 i would estimate, Alkalinity around 40, free chlorine seems a bit low and hardness over 500.

As you say the chlorine is low,(do you have enough salt in the pool?)

Ph fine cyn ok.

The hardness of your water may be a contributing factor to your chlorinator scaling up more than it should.

In case it would be a good Idea to ensure the new one you get has a cleaning function ,this should help unfortunately Hardwater is something we have to live with, and no amount of playing around with pool chemicals will help.

Also one would also presume you are using high quality salt, if not that will also contribute to increased scaling of electrodes.

The forum sponsors are best placed to advise you on choice of chlorinator.

• Like 1

Cheers for the tips. I'm gonna go for a new chlorinator from the forum sponsor.

Our estate pool guy probably just used standard salt I am assuming and there is plenty in the pool. But i will order some good quality salt for next time its needed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our estate pool guy probably just used standard salt I am assuming and there is plenty in the pool. But i will order some good quality salt for next time its needed.

The salt chlorinator should indicate when salt level is too low.

The salt chlorinator should indicate when salt level is too low.

My current chlorinator doesn't indicate this anymore, the unit is faulty. I ordered testing strips to test my pool water salinity and there is more than enough salt in my pool.

My new chlorinator should arrive tomorrow and i also have some Zellbrite to replace the sand in my filter. Excited.

• Like 1

I was hoping to have it all installed by now but it seems EMS post can't find my chlorinator.

The post guy told us after his last visit he thought he might know where the box is (at the post office) but we never heard from him again.

It's not the first time I've had problems with the post here.

• 1 year later...

Seems like it's indeed faulty. Were you able to obtain a new one? If so, which chlorinator are you currently using? Otherwise, I suggest ThailandPoolShop as they have a pretty wide range of salt chlorinators. I highly recommend this place. Crew and staff are fantastic. High-quality items too. Very professional. 

Too late, but without a doubt "PuraPool" are the best machines on the market. Built in Australia with Australian made parts!! The boards won't pack it in after a couple of yrs like most LED display machines with boards made in China!! Most brands can't cope with constant humidity or power fluctuations. PuraPool have a model that has a transformer trip switch built in for power fluctuations. Competitive pricing with all main brands!