90 Days Reporting

chuang

Hi there, have a non-immigrant O-A Long Stay Visa..for the FIRST 90 days reporting in Chiangmai, how should I go about it.....

1) Report 15 days before the 90 days reporting date..

2) Personally...( I dread joining the Q at 4-5am )

3) Apply On-Line...( website not fully functional )

4) Send by Registered/EMS with same self-addressed envelope...( read on TV many are not getting reply from CM immigration.

5) Engage GT4 agent..

Understand reporting can only be done at Prom......thank you wai.gif

Maybe check one of the other 5000 topics about the same issue? Really quite elementary. There's nothing to it.

No offense if you have nothing to write please just ignore it...you don't have to waste your time..bah.gif

I posted the above hoping that those who have done it may know and advise me the best option.....

First try on-line reporting at 14 days before due date, (it does work for some people, me included) if you get no approval after 4 working days, you have time to do a mail-in report.

If you get no reply by your reporting date, go to the Immigration office near the airport and check they have received your report.

If you have no joy there, you have 7 days after your due date to go to Promenada...using G4T if you don't want to go too early.

Edit. other agents are available...

Edited by rawhod

First try on-line reporting at 14 days before due date, (it does work for some people, me included) if you get no approval after 4 working days, you have time to do a mail-in report.

If you get no reply by your reporting date, go to the Immigration office near the airport and check they have received your report.

If you have no joy there, you have 7 days after your due date to go to Promenada...using G4T if you don't want to go too early.

The bolded area is what I would do. If you end up sending it via mail, send it EMS so you have proof it was delivered.

I would not go to the airport in person at the reporting date if Immigration fails to do their job despite proof that it was delivered to them on time. Their own website says to wait one month after mailing it and only then - if you don't receive a receipt - contact Immigration.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

The bolded area is what I would do. If you end up sending it via mail, send it EMS so you have proof it was delivered.

I would not go to the airport in person at the reporting date if Immigration fails to do their job despite proof that it was delivered to them on time. Their own website says to wait one month after mailing it and only then - if you don't receive a receipt - contact Immigration.

Send it rong tabien - not EMS!

Send it rong tabien - not EMS!

Not this soapbox again. EMS works just fine and it gets there the next day....plenty of people on here have attested to that. (It costs a few baht more.)

I would recommend following the nice and clear instructions for mailing in your report as detailed in Tywais' pinned post at the top of the forum - no need to do in person or via an agent

There is your answer in a nutshell. Do EMS both ways mail 15 days from report day no later. With the EMS you should get it back in at least 2 weeks. Mine took 3 as Christmas and the long New Years Eve holiday they take here was in the mix. You should be OK. Important to keep your track and trace receipt so you can prove to immigration that you mailed it. On your annual extension well an agent might be necessary unless they change things here which I highly doubt.

I would recommend following the nice and clear instructions for mailing in your report as detailed in Tywais' pinned post at the top of the forum - no need to do in person or via an agent

There is your answer in a nutshell. Do EMS both ways mail 15 days from report day no later. With the EMS you should get it back in at least 2 weeks. Mine took 3 as Christmas and the long New Years Eve holiday they take here was in the mix. You should be OK. Important to keep your track and trace receipt so you can prove to immigration that you mailed it. On your annual extension well an agent might be necessary unless they change things here which I highly doubt.

Not good advice. I think best to read these posts first.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881961-90-day-reporting-comments-and-experiences-2016/page-7#entry10347002

Use an agent for the time being to avoid any stress and hassles.