Nakhon Phanom to Mukdahan

This may belong in the travel forum however, Im heading to Savannakhet week after next, has anyone got from Nakhon Phanom airport to mukdahan by bus? I presume there would be a bus service, Im wondering how easy/difficult it is plus the cost. Also I would arrive in NP around 5pm so will there be buses at that time?

Edited by jauntyjohn
  • Like 1

You could of gotten flights to Mukdahan that are a fly ride/service via Nakhon Phanom and other airport within the area.

You could check with the Ploy hotel in Mudkahan about transport. If not you could go to bus station and get a van or bus to Mukdahan.

You will be arriving at the bridge to late to cross to Savannakhet. You will need to spend the night in Mukdahan and take the first or 2nd bus to Savannakhet the next morning.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/9/2016 at 11:27 AM, AsianExport said:

Ploy hotel or air asia mini bus to mukdahan 400 thb in front of nakhon phanom airport.

Bus on the way back from mudahan bus station costs 80 baht.

do i need to book this in advance?

3 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

do i need to book this in advance?

If you have not booked your flight the best option is to use the fly/ride service to Mukdahan that Nok Air and Air Asia offer.

Nok Air offers it via 3 nearby airports. See: http://nokair.com/content/en/destinations/fly-n-ride/Ubon-Ratchathani-mukdahan.aspx

Air Asia offers the fly ride service via Nakhon Phanom.

1 minute ago, stoicccc said:

thanks Joe. I have booked a flight AirAsia but for some reason cannot buy the add-on for the bus.

You would have to buy the ticket for Mukdahan to get the bus included.

1 hour ago, stoicccc said:

thanks Joe. I have booked a flight AirAsia but for some reason cannot buy the add-on for the bus.

Give them avring explain your problem they may well help with a new ticket to Mukdahan. You never know its got to be worth a try.

private taxi from NP airport to Mukdahan is 1800baht, they laughed when I suggested 1000baht.

AirAsia minivan tickets can be purchased upon arrival at the desk, 400baht and we were on the way in 5min.

Edited by stoicccc
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, Dreckenfousnoll said:

Can you as well tell me where will be the pickup point for airasia?

It took a while but I found this info on their website of who to contact about the transfers.

"For information on Mahasarakham, Roi Et, Mukdahan, contact Nakhon Korat Co.Ltd  (+66)42-522-707 (daily, 08.00 – 17.00 hrs)"

Other than that the only thing it states Indochina market. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/4LyqDUiVmGw