What Happens After Tourist Visa Expires

hy folks.

i have a tripple entry tourist visa, each for 2 months, and i am about to use the last entry. so i was wondering, after i used my last visa, will i still be able to stay the 3 times 1 month afterwards that are allowed without any visa? or do they count the entries from the visas too?

any comments would be very much appreciated:)

thanks in advance

What now brown cow?

I am sure most readers here are familiar with my tale of woe; my erstwhile friend and Thai Partner absconding with more than 2 million Baht as well as the contents of my Thai saving account. I should have received my Non-O retirement visa a long time ago but between the tsunami and his screwing around, his disappearance, left me with ZERO money, except for my monthly Social Security check. There I was relegated to the drudge of the 30 day visa run to Ranong. Then along came the coup d'état. My VOA expired on the 24th of September. With the border crossing to Kawthoung closed I was left with no other option other than to leave the country. I booked a flight to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and left on Sunday morning the 24th. (Later I discovered that the border did open that very day, but that’s 20/20 hindsight anyway) The grim looking, grumpy immigration official at the Phuket airport with furled brow scrutinized my passport for what seemed like an eternity, took my picture and sent me on my way.

Arriving in Kuala Lumpur I discovered that my Thai ATM card as well as the cell phone did not work. Luckily I had withdrawn another 10,000 Baht at the airport in Phuket, “just in case” (decha vu?)

To make a long story longer, even though I had been through this in Kuala Lumpur once before 2 years ago; Pictures, (I had forgotten about those) 2 nights in a 3rd rate hotel, taxi fare, air fare, departure tax, the visa (1000 baht) etc, etc, it cost me 17,000 Baht for a “single entry (that’s all they would give) 3 months visa supposedly good until the 24th of December 2006 just to get some breathing room

However…here is where I think I got screwed. Arriving back in Phuket on the 26th of September it was stamped “USED” with a note: “good until the 24th of November. They counted the 4 days left in September as a whole month????

May pen rai, but where do I go and what do I have to do to get an extension and for how long? I don’t wish to have to travel to Malaysia every two weeks at the tune of 17,000 baht!

//Mod edit - threats of violence removed from post.

Edited by endure

You have to go to emmigration office in Phuket, with a picture(I think) and 1900 Baht - and they will extend your 2 month(has always been 2 months only) with 30 days without leaving the country. Can be done 1 time only. Hope helps - always read your posts in the Phuket forum w. interest. Cheers!

Any emmigration office in Thailand can extend your tourist visa - so it does not have to be your "local" one. Meanwhile I presume you ask for mainly logistical reasons and I am not aware of exact locations of emmigration offices where you live, but am sure others can answer.

I certainly thought you were here on a retirement-visa already as you have lived here a couple of years by now I think. Sorry to hear that is not the case.

Cheers!

However…here is where I think I got screwed. Arriving back in Phuket on the 26th of September it was stamped “USED” with a note: “good until the 24th of November. They counted the 4 days left in September as a whole month????

With a tourist visa you are admitted not for two months but for 60 days, including days of arrival and departure. The 24th November is the correct date stamp you got when you entered Thailand on 26th September.

--------------

Maestro