Motorbike driver killed, passenger injured after slamming into stationary pick truck in Phuket

webfact

Motorbike driver killed, passenger injured after slamming into stationary pick truck in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1453860249_1-org.jpg
Medical workers give first aid at the scene of the accident. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- One man died and a woman was injured when the man crashed his motorbike into the back of a parked pick up truck near Phuket International Airport yesterday morning (Jan 26).

Lt Col Anek Monkul from Tha Chatchai Police received a call from a local resident stating that a man had crashed his motorbike into a stationary pick up truck on the northbound side of Thepkassattri Rd close the the airport junction.

It was reported that two people were injured in the accident.

Upon arrival, police found 25-year-old Thitisan Boonyo lying on the road with a serious neck injury. His passenger, 24-year-old Ms Manita Nuankhaw had suffered minor injuries.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/motorbike-driver-killed-passenger-injured-after-slamming-into-stationary-pick-truck-in-phuket-55949.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-27

Seems to be a trend towards highway safety: single vehicle accidents. Running into poles, parked cars, whatever.

Yes, that's the problem with no formal training.

Everyone wants to learn how to go faster but nobody wants to learn how to stop!

Seems to be a trend towards highway safety: single vehicle accidents. Running into poles, parked cars, whatever.

This trend could be related to the other trend of using one's smartphone when driving a motorcycle. The screen scrolling takes longer than the original mobile phones.

Could also be the lead in the pipes. People are getting more stupid.

Yes, that's the problem with no formal training.

Everyone wants to learn how to go faster but nobody wants to learn how to stop!

Oh i dunno ! They seemed to have found out. whistling.gif

to avoid being accused of 'thai bashing' i asked my thai gf why her lot keep crashing into stuff that can be seen from half a mile away.

" use mobiii phone" or " eye not fast enough to see in time"....her words, not mine. i just said its because theyre deletewits....

quote '' Lt Col Anek said that Ms Nuankhaw told them that Mr Boonyo had taken his eye off the road for just a second and this caused him to crash into the back of the pick up''

if the pickup with the dent in the photo is the one involved. he wasn't parked that close to the left hand side