David Bowie in Thailand?

GabrielB

Hi all,

Kind of a long shot but wondering if anyone has any stories re Bowie’s trip to Thailand in 1983? I’ve been doing a bit of research about it. If anyone else is interested then this article is good:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1452576591

I’m especially interested in knowing more about the Shaman who blew water in Bowies face in the video. Anyone know who this guy is or where he practices? What does the blowing water in the face symbolize?

Also got kinda hung up on the idea that he might have faked his own death (for what end I’m not sure…wanting to make a lot of money and then escape to live out his days on an island?) But the “evidence” becomes more compelling the more you read. Guess I got sucked in! This article sums up the basics:

http://www.thailawforum.com/david-bowie-is-not-dead-conspiracy-theory-or-fact/

Seriously, any thoughts/comments/stories about this – anything at all, please share with me I would love to hear.

Thanks!

you have been doing some research and all you can find is an article published 2 weeks ago....

By chance is the article your own and you are here spoofing to get more page clicks ?

Mama Noi is running a cooking school these days.

Erm...no actually! Afraid I'm not nearly that interesting.

Most of the things i've found online re bowie in thailand were published 2 weeks ago, guess it was trending then and im only just getting wind of it now. I keep re-googling and there isnt really anything new being written, thats why I thought I would ask on here.

I saw that someone called mama noi was running a cooking school, but wasnt sure it was actually the same woman - is it really her?!

The death conspiracy thing you mention - sounds crazy at first but when you look at the evidence it gradually becomes more and more plausible.

The thing thats got me suspicious is how few of the obituaries actually state "David Jones is dead" - it only refers to Bowie which was a stage name. In order for an attorney to file probate, lawyers need a legal death certificate with the legal name of the person. It seems suspect that so many people reporting this are brushing over this.

The death conspiracy thing you mention - sounds crazy at first but when you look at the evidence it gradually becomes more and more plausible.

The thing thats got me suspicious is how few of the obituaries actually state "David Jones is dead" - it only refers to Bowie which was a stage name. In order for an attorney to file probate, lawyers need a legal death certificate with the legal name of the person. It seems suspect that so many people reporting this are brushing over this.

Because publicly he was known as David Bowie. There's nothing suspect about obituaries in the press reporting his death using his stage name in the headline. Plenty of obituaries mentioned his real name. Or are you suggesting that somehow the press is also in on this global conspiracy? Or have you actually seen the legal death certificate or can prove it doesn't exist? Where do you buy the tin-foil for your hat? I prefer Villa Market but others go to Tops.

Because publicly he was known as David Bowie. There's nothing suspect about obituaries in the press reporting his death using his stage name in the headline. Plenty of obituaries mentioned his real name. Or are you suggesting that somehow the press is also in on this global conspiracy? Or have you actually seen the legal death certificate or can prove it doesn't exist? Where do you buy the tin-foil for your hat? I prefer Villa Market but others go to Tops.

"Where do you buy the tin-foil for your hat? I prefer Villa Market but others go to Tops. "

On Thai Visa almost anything that happens is knee-deep in scams, myths, mysteries and conspiracies. I'm pretty sure if someone ran a survey you'd find that a large number of posters believe in UFOs, Sasquatches, ghosts and that marshmallows are harvested from marshmallow trees.

Edited by Suradit69