Letter of residence

terry Meltham

Actually, "no" is not the complete answer.

At the last count they had stopped routinely issuing the residence letters.

I got one last November but ONLY against a form from the Land Transport Office asking them to issue one - it was required for a transfer of name on a vehicle.

The good news was that they didn't charge the usual 500 Baht.

After you got your letter from transport office what other paper wok did you need for immigration?

May I ask why you need it and where you are? I ask because , as an example, for a driving licence in Buriram you can get a residence letter from the police station.

After you got your letter from transport office what other paper wok did you need for immigration?

May I ask why you need it and where you are? I ask because , as an example, for a driving licence in Buriram you can get a residence letter from the police station.
That is not an option in Surin province and never has been for many years.

I took evidence of my address from correspondence from the bank and the embassy. Notwithstanding that, immigration did their usual and got the missus to sign a copy of her ID card................. bit of a comfort blanket for them.

If I had a Yellow tabien ban I guess that would have sufficed.

And that is why I asked. The OP did not state where he lives.

He mentioned KapCheong. It is my belief that this immigration office serves Buriram and Surin. It was therefore possible that he could live in either province.

Edited by puchooay

And that is why I asked. The OP did not state where he lives.

He mentioned KapCheong. It is my belief that this immigration office serves Buriram and Surin. It was therefore possible that he could live in either province.

All true but his post 5 hours before the above says Prasat, Surin province. Surin police station unfortunately tell residents to go to The IO.

Things have changed again in Surin went to the land transportation office for a letter to take to the IO for the document and told as from now they do not do now.

Went down to IO at Kap Choen and again very unhelpful stating do not do after some comeing and going told to go next door to the supervisor police they took letter from AIS and bank with my name and address within 5 minutes I have rge letter of residence and no payment needed, Very good service