House Plans

JRinger

I will be building a house for my wife and myself in Esarn, possibly around 300 square meters, and am looking for a reliable, competent Architect. I don't speak Thai so he/she must speak and understand English as well as western construction & design. I realise I may be asking alot after reading through the many posts on this forum, a lot of negative posts regarding local builders, etc.

I will also be needing an experienced on-site manager to oversee all construction as I won't be in Thailand to oversee the job as my work won't allow it. When I built my house in the states I hired the architect to manage the construction as well and it worked out ok. I would prefer an expat with extensive experience abroad and in Thailand who can make the detailed drawings (3D & AutoCAD) and manage the construction through completion. This would also include selecting the proper contractor/workers, materials, etc.

The drawings will have to include the interior layout/design as well.

Swimming pool and gardens and several separate structures with the possibility of a central courtyard surrounded by 4 structures.

I realize I may be asking alot. (maybe I could offer a finder's fee?)

I would perfer to deal with an individual rather than a 'company' of people.

Thank you for any information, you can PM me for more details...

Edited by JRinger

JR, in response to your post;

I am an expat living in Thailand for nearly twenty years; managing & designing construction projects of various types and sizes. Residential, resorts, factories, banks, etc.

An Architect/Builder with an eye for detail. I can design, draw and manage the entire project from concept/design through final completion.

My fee is generally absorbed through strick budget control and contractor tendering as well as doing everything right the first time. Using the proper materials; concrete & grout additives for strength and longevity.

I try to incorporate western style construction techniques and practices wherever possible throughout the entire build process. In addition, I have more than twenty years of hands-on experience in most construction trades. I am well versed in the Thai language as well as local construction practices.

PM me if you would like to see samples of my work and for further information.....excaliber

"I realize I may be asking a lot"

you are indeed asking for too much. the problem starts that you need TWO sets of architectural drawings. one is for the approval by the building department and the other one is the set how exactly you want your house to be built.

the "official" plan to be approved needs to show a zillion windows enabling cross ventilation to save energy. it will also show steel reinforcements of the concrete foundations and the concrete skeleton structure to withstand an eartquake magnitude 9.95 on the richter scale. your thai or whatever farang construction company will give of course a sh*t about these plans and will use chicken wire for the base plate reinforcement and 6mm steel for the columns which require 16mm if you don't personally supervise the construction.

i have built a 600m² house which i designed in every detail myself, submitted 84 detailed plans to my construction company which must have used the plans as toilet paper.

result: if i had not spent personally THREE times every day an hour or so on the site the only solution had been 100kg of dynamite to blow up the whole thing and start from the scratch again.

:o