Chromecast connection

Bubbha

You need to go in the router configuration/setting and disable the start page that shows up when connected to WIFI. Don't remember what's it called. Will let you know later how and what to do when I get home, in about 5 hours.
Best of luck!

Hi Niku - thanks for your reply. I disabled the True landing page - also thinking that this might be the problem. But no luck..! All sugesstions welcome

Check WiFi on your device or PC to see if you can see the Chromecast signal showing there, It should show up on the WIFI list if not configured/connected to WIFI/LAN> Because once you get a connection to your router Chromecast should disappear from WiFi list.

So Captive Portal or True landing page disabled

Also AnyIP and Dynamic DNS set it to disable if is not already.

Enter the Google DNS in Broadband tab that is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 just like in the picture that I attach.

Do the Chromecast setup again at https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/ if on a PC download the setup utility and follow the steps.

If still not yet fix make sure your router P-660HN-T1A v2 has the latest firmware update, that would be 2.00(AAJS.1) in your router tab check Maintenace Firmware Upgrade. On the website the firmware is also called 200AAJS1D0. http://www.zyxel.com/th/th/support/true_customer_new.shtml.

P.S

Even thou you have the same WiFi name and password as the old router set into your Chromecast you still have to set it up again. Because Chromecast wont recognize the new router.

Hope it helps.

Good luck

post-253557-0-29328200-1454510572_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Indeed. But at the time of writing, considering the OP had owned the Chromecast for a while, it was safe to assume it was a version 1.

Thanks for digging up an old thread to demonstrate your knowledge, though...

whistling.gif