Highways Department: Southbound lane at Sam Kong underpass 'should reopen after 9pm'

rooster59

Highways Department: Southbound lane at Sam Kong underpass 'should reopen after 9pm'

Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-247607-0-45400800-1454223629_thumb.

PHUKET: Samak Luedwonghad of the Phuket Highways Office has confirmed that the southbound lane of Chalermprakiet Rd, in front of Tesco Lotus Extra at the Sam Kong intersection, should reopen to traffic after 9pm tonight (January 31)

The lanes were closed to traffic yesterday, and traffic wad detoured into the parking lot of Tesco Lotus Extra shopping centre, causing traffic delays of up to an hour.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/highways-department-southbound-lane-at-sam-kong-underpass-should-reopen-after-9pm-56004.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-31

Meanwhile has worked continued on the actual and very very very delayed underpass?

Another point - did the collapse which they are trying to now quickly 'fix' cause any damage to the underpass current construction or damage to what's been 'completed'?

What a mess, all concerned including the various senior government officials connected to all aspects of this project should be charged with dereliction of duty at the very least.

Meanwhile has worked continued on the actual and very very very delayed underpass?

Another point - did the collapse which they are trying to now quickly 'fix' cause any damage to the underpass current construction or damage to what's been 'completed'?

What a mess, all concerned including the various senior government officials connected to all aspects of this project should be charged with dereliction of duty at the very least.

I haven't seen it for myself, but the initial reports mentioned that the wall itself was cracked on the side where the road subsided. Not sure what that means in engineering terms, but I'm bracing myself for another few months of delays.

I'm sure the highways department will tell us that, when the next deadline comes... and goes.

2 days to fill it up with mud and cover it cheaply? Its all bumpy, it looks exactly like the side of all the roads around the project(means in 3 days it will be broken) and they put cone over it so we cant drive over it..

They could have simply not blocked the traffic all weekend, and blocked that lane..