any fix for throttled torrents ?

speedtripler

The usual attempted fix is to switch to a non-standard port and turn on encryption.

If a heavy user invest in a seedbox outside Thailand, FTP transfers are not throttled (at least as yet) so once the file is on the seedbox you can download it at whatever the pipe will take.

Feral Hosting have seedboxes from GBP 10 per month.

Do True really throttle that hideously, or is it just a poorly seeded torrent?

YES ,THEY REALLY ARE THAT BAD !

very well seeded 3551+ seeds / 1800+peers

the speed has picked up a bit but its intermittent and sometimes when it starts flowing you lose connection to all the peers and start again @ 0kbps ....

after midnight or there abouts i can download at 1.7 MBPS constant so i know theyre monkeying with my connection during peak hours

even youtube is stuttering .......

Do True really throttle that hideously, or is it just a poorly seeded torrent?

YES ,THEY REALLY ARE THAT BAD !

very well seeded 3551+ seeds / 1800+peers

the speed has picked up a bit but its intermittent and sometimes when it starts flowing you lose connection to all the peers and start again @ 0kbps ....

after midnight or there abouts i can download at 1.7 MBPS constant so i know theyre monkeying with my connection during peak hours

even youtube is stuttering .......

Fix for YouTube ?

Bring up the Start search and type Command Prompt in the search box Right click it in the results and choose to Run as administrator In the command prompt window, type the following command line and hit Enter NETSH ADVFIREWALL FIREWALL ADD RULE NAME=”RRhack” DIR=IN ACTION=BLOCK REMOTEIP=173.194.55.0/24,206.111.0.0/16 ENABLE=YES Type Exit and hit Enter key to close command prompt

For torrents i have always use these setting and have always gotten good speeds ?

Yes, seed box. Since I have started using one,I will never go back to the old way. See pulsedmedia for a free seed box to get your feet wet and then upgrade.

Apologies for hijacking this thread - but can you give a novice an idea of just what kind of speeds we are talking about here? If I download to the seedbox, will that be faster than downloading to my PC? And then, what kind of speed will I get from downloading from the seedbox to my PC? Appreciate your feedback.

The usual attempted fix is to switch to a non-standard port and turn on encryption.

If a heavy user invest in a seedbox outside Thailand, FTP transfers are not throttled (at least as yet) so once the file is on the seedbox you can download it at whatever the pipe will take.

Feral Hosting have seedboxes from GBP 10 per month.

Those recommending a seedbox are spot on.

The cheapest and most reliable (for the cost) is a Rare box from SnTHostings $6.29 USD/mo for 60GB. space. Then you just use https/ftp to download your file after it is seeded. quick and painless.

Not so sure about 100% non-trottled for large mp4/avi files, but the majority of the time you get full speeds, especially if you use a download manager like IDM. You can also set it to download at different times, resume, etc.

Yes, seed box. Since I have started using one,I will never go back to the old way. See pulsedmedia for a free seed box to get your feet wet and then upgrade.

Apologies for hijacking this thread - but can you give a novice an idea of just what kind of speeds we are talking about here? If I download to the seedbox, will that be faster than downloading to my PC? And then, what kind of speed will I get from downloading from the seedbox to my PC? Appreciate your feedback.

It's a cheetah compared to a turtle. But, as with local torrent download, it depends on the number of seeds, the speeds peers upload and if you download from public sites or private ones. I almost exclusively use private ones and get up to 85MBs. When buying a seed box, be careful to check the download speed of the package. There are packages of 100,200,500 Mbps and 1Gbs. Also consider the disk space of the package. If you use public sites you can cut off seeding without being penalized. With private sites this is different, you might opt for a large space because you have to seed for a certain amount of time and cannot delete the upload before the requirements are met or you will be penalized.

Transfer between the seed box and your PC can be done by IDM or FTP and you should get close to your package provided by your provider.

As opposed what the previous poster said, you don't have to wait until the torrent has seeded. You can download while it's seeding.

My provider pulsed media prohibits that. But you can ask a provider.

Thanks, I asked because "your seedboX" listed above uses the term "Our shared seedboxes" and I am not familiar with that term in the context of seedboxes

Same as with shared hosting. You share the server with other people.

Archived