Rent A Car And/or Van W/driver

repoulin

Hey I am looking for some pointers on anyone who knows about hiring a driver in Bangkok. I have gone through a few drivers and feel that I have pretty much hit up every agency and freelance guys but have not yet found the drives and cars that suit my needs.

The driver does not have to necessarily speak English if the price is right. Since we speak Thai we can work around that, but it is always a plus to have a bilingual driver. I would like the driver to be dependable, on time, and familiar with the city and airport pick-up. I thought that this would be the obvious but the majority of drivers we have used have had trouble with this.

Often we use the new style Toyota vans that are pimped out with Thai interior, but since oil prices have gone up and thus increasing the transportation bill, when possible we would like to use a nice car. Again, if the price is right I would prefer to use the Vans every time so fitting in some golf clubs, grocery or whatever still allows me to stretch out.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I would like to keep the same driver and car for long-term. We only use the driver as needed which now is only a couple of times in a month, but we would use them each time.

One other thing. Does anyone know what the expected cost should be for hiring a driver. Lets say

• Airport Pick-up
  • 1/2 Day Rental
  • 1 Day Rental

Usually the drivers quote me a good price the first time but then the next times the prices go up even though we tip.

Feel free to Private Message me if you are a company or freelance driver.

• 8 months later...
Hey I am looking for some pointers on anyone who knows about hiring a driver in Bangkok. I have gone through a few drivers and feel that I have pretty much hit up every agency and freelance guys but have not yet found the drives and cars that suit my needs.

The driver does not have to necessarily speak English if the price is right. Since we speak Thai we can work around that, but it is always a plus to have a bilingual driver. I would like the driver to be dependable, on time, and familiar with the city and airport pick-up. I thought that this would be the obvious but the majority of drivers we have used have had trouble with this.

Often we use the new style Toyota vans that are pimped out with Thai interior, but since oil prices have gone up and thus increasing the transportation bill, when possible we would like to use a nice car. Again, if the price is right I would prefer to use the Vans every time so fitting in some golf clubs, grocery or whatever still allows me to stretch out.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I would like to keep the same driver and car for long-term. We only use the driver as needed which now is only a couple of times in a month, but we would use them each time.

One other thing. Does anyone know what the expected cost should be for hiring a driver. Lets say

• Airport Pick-up
  • 1/2 Day Rental
  • 1 Day Rental

Usually the drivers quote me a good price the first time but then the next times the prices go up even though we tip.

Feel free to Private Message me if you are a company or freelance driver.

Hi,

Do you know where I should look and how much it will cost to rent a van to pick up family members and send them back home after dinner as I don't want they use their own car for a special occasion ?

Thanks.

Phone taxi companies.

When you get a regular off the street taxi, ask him about the other rental options.

Taxi people know taxi people.

What about bars, they may have adverts or know people.

Small hotels will usually have different transport contacts.

Phone taxi companies.

When you get a regular off the street taxi, ask him about the other rental options.

Taxi people know taxi people.

What about bars, they may have adverts or know people.

Small hotels will usually have different transport contacts.

I found thairentacar (just google it) with vans from 2000 and drivers for 550 THB a day, seems ok.

Does anybody have used their service?