Korat footballer accused of attempted rape

webfact

Korat Footballer Accused of Attempted Rape
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14543020761454302090l.jpg
Football player Promphong Kransumrong, 30, of Nakhon Ratchasima FC at a Jan. 23 match in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

KORAT — A professional football player in Nakhon Ratchasima province has been accused of breaking into a woman’s room early Friday morning and sexually assaulting her.

Promphong Kransumrong, the 30-year-old striker for Nakhon Ratchasima FC, was free on bail Monday after appearing briefly at a police station where he was charged with intruding into the woman’s home and sexually assaulting her, an alleged crime one police officer characterized as “not a serious case.”

“I think he will try to negotiate with the victim,” said Damrong Rodphothong, interim commander of the Cho Ho Police Station. “It’s not a serious case. He didn’t use his force to [successfully] rape her or injure her.”

According to the police report, the victim alleged that Promphong broke into her home at about 4am on Friday where she was staying alone and attempted raping her, but she managed to fight him off.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1454302076

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-01

Wow...a professional athlete acting like a privileged thug...who would have guessed.

Unfortunately, my country leads the sports world in overgrown, spoiled children behaving badly.

Apparently a few sportsman recently have a fetish for dogs. Its ok, the dog survived also and didnt press charges.

"Not a serious case"? Seriously?

So beaking into someone's home, assault and attempted rape are NOT SERIOUS? I suspect the victim thinks this is rather serious. Must not be Hi-So enough to warrant police attention.

Why is a complete reform of the police and justice system not the #1 top priority of this reform minded junta? Oh right, real reform is NOT on their agenda. Silly me.

The typical mind set of RTP officers - and unfortunately a large proportion of the local male population.

Note #1 to "interim commander" Damrong: The very moment somebody breaks into the room of someone else and forces their way in, it's called "breaking and entering" and anywhere in the civilized world is considered a serious crime.

Note #2 to "interim commander" Damrong: Anywhere in the civilized world where somebody sexually assaults another person with the intent of raping that individual, it is called "attempted rape" and is considered a serious crime regardless whether the rape has actually been carried out successfully or not.

Book that footballer and arraign him on charges of breaking and entering and attempted rape. No excuses because he's a "celebrity". One law for all!

im not going for that. That statemnt hits the realm of the pure unbelievable.

Sounds like bad reporting or a newspaper falsely reporting for whatever reason.

Seriously, no matter how farcial tthe thai police may seem, an officer wouldnt say an attempted rape is not a serious case. Surely to <deleted>>.bah.gif

.......go figure.....

...I cannot figure it out....nor the comments......

....'attempted rape'........is NOT a good thing.........and IS serious......

...and to be able to 'negotiate out of it'.......is NOT a good thing either.....

Some of the personel picked as RTP spokesmen for reporter interviews, etc must be on the piss

most of their working / duty time. The majority need a script writer, a preview of questions, a couple hours to

prepare for the script and then go out and make an arse of themselves.

Then they would have someone to blame and finger point at.

Don't buy it . A girl looking for a payout. Ask Kobe or Tiger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think a local thai footballer can be compared with kobe or tiger but I'll give you one point for effort.... Then I'll have to deduct a point because you forgot about mike tyson...

If she was doing this for money or attention I doubt the guy would have had to break in to her appt at 4am....and if they were already lovers why would she fight back so much?

Sounds like aggravated breaking and illegal entrance and attempted rape to me...

I think Prompong Kransumrong now plays as #9 for Udon Thani as of 2015. His former club was Nakhon Ratchasima.

Perhaps someone with a more knowledge can confirm.

Well in this case, he acted as a striker, but failed to find the goal.

being a footballer is irrelevant he broke into the womans home with the intention of raping her he attempted to rape her but was unsuccessful this is a serious offence in europe but apparently not so in thailand i think its time for this country to sort its archaic laws out and bring them up to date with the rest of the world .

being a footballer is irrelevant he broke into the womans home with the intention of raping her he attempted to rape her but was unsuccessful this is a serious offence in europe but apparently not so in thailand i think its time for this country to sort its archaic laws out and bring them up to date with the rest of the world .