English language school in Kanchanaburi

Bantex

Hi all

I am a UK resident married to a Thai national who requires an English Test Certificate to enable her to get a settlement visa to live with me in the UK.

She can speak and understand English very well but we have been informed that to take the required test, she needs to be able read and write in English as well, which is her weakness.

Does anyone know of or can recommend an English language school in or near Kanchanaburi or nearer her home in Sangkhla Buri where she can get the needed tuition ?

Your wife does not need to read/write English to meet the requirements of a settlement visa.

The test can only be undertaken at a few designated centres.

When we were in Bangkok previously we visited an English language school for information. We were told that she did not need to be able to read or write in English to enter the UK but they were needed in order to take the exam which was in part, a written test. I queried this and was told that the KET (Key English Test) at level B1 was the only test acceptable by UKVI. Staff at the school stated that my wife's spoken English and listening skills were above that required but her reading and writing skills needed further tuition.

My wife was pregnant at the time and we had to wait until the baby was born before proceeding any further.

Now that the baby is a few months old we want to proceed with her required education.

Your wife does not need to read/write English to meet the requirements of a settlement visa.

The test can only be undertaken at a few designated centres.

When we were in Bangkok previously we visited an English language school for information. We were told that she did not need to be able to read or write in English to enter the UK but they were needed in order to take the exam which was in part, a written test. I queried this and was told that the KET (Key English Test) at level B1 was the only test acceptable by UKVI. Staff at the school stated that my wife's spoken English and listening skills were above that required but her reading and writing skills needed further tuition.

My wife was pregnant at the time and we had to wait until the baby was born before proceeding any further.

Now that the baby is a few months old we want to proceed with her required education.

If your wife wishes to pursue her education that is a personal choice NOT a requirement for obtaining a UK settlement Visa.

All the "reading and writing" part of the "test" could be failed but providing your wife's listening and speaking skills met the standard she would qualify to apply for a visa.

Best you not only ask about schools but whether native English speaking Qualified Teachers are employed.

Archived