9 of Thailand's most beautiful destinations (that you don't know about yet)

webfact

9 of Thailand's most beautiful destinations (that you don't know about yet)
STAFF WRITER

sam-phan-bok-ubon-ratchathani-province-t

BANGKOK: -- It’s easy to think of a holiday in Thailand as nothing more than a journey on one of the world’s most well-traveled paths.

One night in Bangkok; a weekend in Chiang Mai; island hopping round Koh Samui, Phangan and Tao; maybe a few days in Koh Lanta if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.

Or, you know, two weeks in Pattaya if you like your women paid for and your drink spiked.

While all these places have their own undeniable appeal, they’re certainly not all that Thailand has to offer. If you’re happy to venture a little further than the Kingdom’s train stations and airports will take you, there’s a plethora of natural wonders, serene beaches and irrepressible wildlife just waiting to wow you.

Thailand possesses beauty in spades – you just need to know where to find it.

Here’s our top nine beautiful Thai destinations a short hop, skip and jump away from the tourist trail.

Koh Jum

koh-jum.jpg
By Madeleine_H

Just 25 km off the shores of Krabi town in the Andaman Sea, Koh Jum is a beach paradise perfect for travellers wanting to avoid the tourist meccas of nearby Koh Lanta and Koh Phi Phi.

Fine sand beaches with crystalline waters line the small island while you can seek solace in nature among the mangrove forest and rolling hills. The residents of Koh Jum are typically Muslim and conservative, yet incredibly hospitable and friendly.

As with many islands in the Andaman, Koh Jum is great for those hoping to indulge in scuba, snorkelling, fishing and trekking. For the latter, get yourself to the northern part of the island (referred to locally as Ko Pu) where a 422-metre summit awaits you.

Hat Khanom—Mu Koh Thale Tai National Park

hat-khanom-mu-ko-thale-tai-national-park
Via Ahoerstemeier

This huge, newly decorated national park spans a number of provinces, covering Hat Khanom’s beaches in the south of Thailand together with the Thale Tai archipelago of eight smaller islands.

The area is home to lush forest, limestone mountains and mangrove forests together with a wide variety of wildlife, such as pigs, tigers, gibbons, Malayan Sun Bears, tortoises, doves and snakes.

Snorkelling and diving are some of the primary activities to indulge in here, as well as bird watching, canoeing, caving, and waterfall travelling at Nhan Phai Waterfall.

Ranong

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/9-of-thailands-most-beautiful-destinations-that-you-dont-know-about-yet/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-02-02

That's it, tell the world, in another year those places will be ruined

Agreed,...to bad they told,..we have to visit those places as soon as possible before mass tourism arrives...!! and F** it up for good....

Regards. (seriously)

I live in Rayong and if you just go east of Ban Phe, past Suon Son towards Laem Mae Phim in the same area as the Novotel is you'll find kilometres of empty white sand beaches two and a half hours from Bangkok. OK, the sea isn't clear blue because it's tidal but the waters are much safer to swim than Phuket and it's not a rip off. Rayong itself is one of the most industrialised parts of Thailand but there are some good things within the province, plus close to Ban Phe it's the driest part of Thailand (except last year, we had a lot of rain).

I am fortunate that I got to see many places over 20 years ago when they were a lot cheaper

and pristine. I still enjoy seeing some places but do not like paying up to 10 times the price the

locals pay to visit. Thailand was quite a bit cheaper 15 to 20 years ago, and I still remember

paying 10 dollars US per night for a nice room with A/C only 2 blocks from the beach in Phuket.

My last visit there the room was 1100 baht per night and it was 1 km away from the beach,

how times have changed.