New Zealand Visitors Visa for Thai Wife

I'm an American who would like to bring my Thai wife for a month long tour of New Zealand. As an American, I don't have to apply, I'm in. I worried that my Thai wife isn't going to able to get one. She doesn't own property or work and can't really show a compelling reason that she'll return to Thailand. That seems to be the criteria. Has anyone faced this issue? I don't want to buy tickets or make reservations or pay the $100 application fee if this is not going to work in the end. By the way, I can't get my wife into America either for the same reason. When she went to the US Embassy the interview was pretty much over before it started. "Do you own property in Thailand?" "No." "Goodbye."

I recently helped an English friend of mine take his Thai girlfriend to New Zealand and prior to that I managed to take my Thai girlfriend to Australia, and there are things one can do extra to the application which will help.

I may not agree with all of your posts on here, but hey that's life, and you do know me, so why don't you pick up the phone one day and we can meet for a chat and I'm sure I can help you!!!!!

My Thai wife and I just got back last week from a 15 day vacation in New Zealand. She was issued a 3 year multiple entry visitors visa for New Zealand. The process was very simple and straightforward. I suggest you call the NZ Embassy in Bangkok, visa section and they will explain all the necessary steps. That's what I did. I found them to be very helpful and courteous.

The correct email address for NZ visa information:

[email protected]

• 1 year later...